Dodge made a "7500"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodge made a "7500"?

On ebay is a '77 W200 Camper Special with "7500" badges. Anybody ever heard of that? Was that an after market upgrade I wonder? That doesn't follow the 3 digit nomenclature of the period.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1977-...item20b6f8b5e3
    1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
    1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
    1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
    2005 Jeep KJ CRD

I'm guessing...

Possibly 7500lb GVW?

Trucks for export may have been badged differently.

Just my speculations.

Bucky

Comment

Interesting.
      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Originally posted by 712edf View Post
        Possibly 7500lb GVW?

Bucky
        Yep, that is all that meant, it is able to haul 7500 Lbs as opposed to a typical half ton rated around the 5-6k range.

Dodge does make a 4500 and 5500 series of trucks, which are 2 tons I believe. They are available only as a cab and chassis and are intended for duties like dump truck and mobile shop crane kinda stuff. This is the heaviest truck Dodge has made in quite some time. Not like their heyday when they were making 20 ton semi tractors.

Comment

Camper Specials came in rated in 7500 and 9000 GVW.Don't ask me how they were speced 'cause there seemed to be no rhyme or reason.I had a '72 D200 Camper Special 9000 that was a factory 400,727,Dana 60HD with no overloads.My son's '75 D200 clubcab Camper Special 9000 was a 360,727,Dana 60 with factory overloads.Neither had limited slip rears which in my travels is unusual.I've yet to see a 9000 GVW W(4wd) Camper Special.I think any old Camper Special(Ford,Dodge,GM or IH)is cool for the way they were built and speced out.

Comment

Ditto

My 77 D200 Adventurer SE Camper Special ,400,727,Dana 60, also has the 7500 emblem with 9000 GVW.

http://www.powerwagonadvertiser.com/...reat+adventure
            Attached Files

Comment

Weird. Wonder why they didn't continue the 100, 200, 300, 400... badging? Maybe that was too worklike and these were recreational vehicles and needed a "new" badge? And why does 7500 = 9,000???

Oh well, I'll not worry my pretty little head over that.

So Quantum, did we ever see/hear how the Adventurer story ends? That post stopped over a year ago...
              2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

I've been out of work for 2 years at this point, so money has been what's holding me back. What money I had set aside for the project was given to someone who needed it more than I needed to have my project finished. I just started a new business this week. If its as successful as I anticipate I will be diving right back into it this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumJo View Post
                  ... What money I had set aside for the project was given to someone who needed it more than I needed ...
                  Good karma. You will be blessed.

Good luck with your new venture!
                  2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Quantum Joe,

I think your truck is mis-badged from the factory. The gvw of your truck is 9,000 lbs., so it should have Camper 9000 badges instead of the Camper 7500 badges.

Comment

Originally posted by USN78W150 View Post
                      Quantum Joe,

I think your truck is mis-badged from the factory. The gvw of your truck is 9,000 lbs., so it should have Camper 9000 badges instead of the Camper 7500 badges.
                      Or perhaps they are from another truck all together. I noticed that the badges on KRB64's rig are on the front fender, mine were on the box. My fender badges were Adventurer SE.

Comment

Working...
                      X