tranfer case...change it or leave it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tranfer case...change it or leave it

I have 1990 ram150. Its got a np235 t case. Will a 205 bolt up to the np 4 speed I have without any issues?

1999 or 1990?
    1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
    1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
    1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
    2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

1990 sorry

Comment

soooo

Nobody has any idea?????

Comment

If you aren't having issues then leave it. The 205 is a gear drive and the 235 is chain drive. Both were rated for 10,000 gvw vehicles. Chain drives became popular because they are quieter and some if not most have aluminum cases making them lighter. A switch could involve more than new bolts, the input shaft may have to be changed, speedo gear, and driveshaft ends. Chains do stretch but usually it is because of abuse or neglect.

Comment

the 205 will bolt right up and work perfect BUT the 241 t-case you have now is just as strong and has a much better low range gearing / l,d only use the 205 if l was HIGH horse power mud racing or needed a t-case with a PTO option for a winch or dump body / and you can get that if you can find a 241 HD / they came in diesels and V10,s

Comment

I wondered about the t-case being a 241 myself but I went with what he said. I wonder if he meant 203 or 231? If he locates a Dodge 205 for a manual and not an auto then bingo,,but you nailed it with the strength and ratio of the 241.

Comment

t case.

Its shows a np235 in the manual as an option but ill get under there and check again

Comment

Originally posted by mickydodge1990 View Post
                  Its shows a np235 in the manual as an option but ill get under there and check again
                  read my answer on your other post about the NP235

Comment

Working...
                  X