New brake lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New brake lines

I put on new rear rubber and hard lines. Only had one fight and that was the breather bolt. I even had the bleeder screw gods on my side as they opened easily without a single one snapped.[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Yes folks it has a 440.

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

With headers!!!

Comment

Good feeling to have fresh lines! looks like you have a little rust like me...
        1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
        1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
        1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
        2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

A little but not too bad overall.

Comment

next on the list.....
            Shocks??
            maybe u-bolts? =)

Comment

Funny on the shocks,,,,I took off the driver side to get at the breather bolt,,and it wont go back on now! It is too short. It seems that the rear shocks were acting as limits and when I took it off the spring must have eased up a little and now the shock wont go back on,,,it really doesn't matter as I don't think they came into play much recently!!!! I will measure the bolt to bolt center and get some new ones later. I needed to get the lines done to get ready for the new flatbed. I'm gonna clean the frame and use POR15 on it.

Comment

POR 15 mixed results

May I suggest OSPHO from the skybright company. water thin, gets into really tight spots.
                not wanting to start a fullblown discussion about por 15 sheeting off in sections, due to over cleaning of the rust.

just my 2 cents.

Comment

My shocks were shot too and rusted out. Bought some from Saturn Surplus a while back (mismatched but I won't go there again) and I guess they make a difference but can't feel it.

I put new u-bolts on when I added overloads. Had to have them made as I couldn't find any long enough. They were a size bigger so I had to drill out my perches.

Mine looked worse than yours I'm afraid. I used Eastwood's Rust Converter on my frame after sandblasting it. OSPHO sounds like good stuff to try, it can even be painted over, whats the cost like?
                  1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
                  1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
                  1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
                  2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Working...
                  X