No announcement yet.

Runnin like crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think I finally have it nailed down. I have been crazy busy at work because we were bought out and they tripled the size of our company, hired probably 60 new people and I got relocated to a new station a little closer to home. But anyways, after taking advantage of our mild winter and trying to keep the wife happy with the bathroom remodeling, I was able to drop and clean the tank, replaced all the rubber fuel lines, new battery, and cleaned up some wiring, it started like a champ and ran great till it warmed up,, again. Well this time I had my stepson restart the truck and I was able to watch things now. The thermostatic choke is shot and it was letting the choke flop around after it was warm and relaxed. If I apply just enough pressure on the linkage to keep it against the vacuum pulloff, it will run great. Gonna get a manual choke on it hopefully next week. I'm working a 24 on Saturday, leave Sunday afternoon for a mandatory meeting out of town on Monday, get home Monday night about 11pm, and back on a 24 tuesday. PS; I got the flatbed installed!

Comment

Few more,,,

Comment

FINALLY!!!!!!!

The truck is running great. I have been driving it to work for about 2 months now. I nailed down the problem, or problems, I guess. I drove it one day to work and almost got home and it started stumbling and died. I walked home grabbed my tools and went back on my golf cart. Tore the carb apart on the side of the road and it had dirt and sand inside the bowls. Took the carb home for a run in the dishwasher while I took a nap. How that crap got past a new filter and the inlet screen is beyond me. I closed off the return line from the filter and installed a clear body filter near the carb and all has been well. I wanted to wait and be sure she was right before I posted anything.

http://s381.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=IMG_0022.mp4

Comment

if you keep having problems...sounds alot like the symptoms i've had when the ignition modules go bad on these old trucks.

Comment

Seems to be running great. It was just a LOT of crud in the entire system and it broke loose when I started driving the truck. I have to adjust the timing and idle a bit yet,,it idles maybe too high and stumbles for a few seconds when I floor it.

Comment

Working...
            X