Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 77 instrument cluster

hey guys
    can anyone tell me where i can find an instrument cluster for a 1977 dodge 3/4 ton 4x4 as i have an electrical problem that i believe goes right to the back of my instrument cluster. loose stud on back of alternator guage which causes intermitent stalling and loss of all power. i dont think it can be fixed without replacing whole dang panel! i believe 75-78 or so interchanges but could be wrong on that. appreciate any help
    thank you

alt guage bypass?

are you aware of the alt guage bypass? common failure point and potentially hazzardous Mopar design flaw. I'm guessing you dont need a complete cluster.

Comment

alt guage bypass

no sir i am not aware of the alt guage bypass but i sure would like to know about it if possible as it would probably solve my problem.

thank you for the help
      alan

Comment

Easiest/quickest method is to put both wires onto the same post (on back of ammeter). Ammeter will no longer work, but current flow will be uninterupted.

Bucky

Comment

madelectrical has detailed info

www.madelectrical.com
          electrical tech- then go to -"bypassing and eliminating factory full flow alt.
          fascinating reading, bet ya you get stuck poking around learning more than you expected.
          If you're in a hurry to get truck up and running, Bucky's advice summed it up nicely.
          welcome to the PWA forums.

Comment

first of all thank you guys for the info as i would probably have better luck finding a needle in a haystack than finding the instrument cluster so this should help me out a great deal although i am not too fond of not knowing my battery status. on the other hand i do want to get my truck to stay running like it should. i will check out the link you all sent me and yes it was interesting behind the instrument cluster.

thanks again and its cool to be able to go to this forum and interact with other powerwagoners.

thanks
            alan

Comment

http://ramchargercentral.com/electri...sbulkhead-fix/

Comment

ive found the best way to gauge your battery status when the cluster isnt showing you is: Does the truck start? yes? your battery works =P

Comment

77 instrument cluster

2x1972
                  bet you stayed up all day and all night thinking that one up clown. dont waste our time on your geniousness!! get a life.

Comment

Working...
                  X