Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• camperbody build thinktank

Hello all,

Here i am, me and this '77 W-200 chassis, engine and gearbox (318/727).
    since i have no bodyparts, i have a total liberty to go where i want.
    my goal is to make a small camper(van) out of it.

to gain some extra space, since a pick-up nose takes a serious amount of (lost) space, i'm thinking about a sort of COE design, would that be doable?

I do have some idea's, but i'm curious what you come up with.

please, do exersise your gray cells, and write down here what you think!

that might end up with some great idea's!!!

Thanks in advance.

Bart

airplane

I always thought a small fusalage atached to a power wagon would be cool. aluminum cylinder strapped to a skate.

Comment

The earlier series truck, 1961 to 1971, was marketed as an ambulance to the military. I am not sure that this series was also, but you could investigate that. In design essence, it would remind you of a cube van. You could look for some photos and have a look, maybe even adapt one of those bodies. It could be a great camper.
      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

They were. Same nose and front of cab with a big ol' box attached behind the seat.
        1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
        1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
        1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
        2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

I know, i had a m-886 myself, and it had a couple of design flaws, therefore i'd like to change that a bit.
          for example, when you go off-road with one of these it had the habit to break the windshield in the upper outermost corners even if the military modified the radiator bracket.

and i think serious that the nose of the pick-up (which i really like, b.t.w.) takes to much of the usable space, since it is only a 131" wheelbase chassis, therefore i'm thinking incorporating a sort of "coe" design, or go with a "van" Type nose, think how much livable space that will gain?!?

Bart

ps is it possible to post a pic. here? i've one which in basic is close to my idea...

Comment

Bart - I was in Serbia back in January and there are a lot of interesting vehicles in Europe!

I've seen 4x4 vans from the 70's. Not sure if Dodge made them factory or if they were a conversion though.

Dodge also made little campers with the van nose/cab but I've never seen a 4x4 one of those - yet.
            1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
            1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
            1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
            2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Working...
            X