leak fix question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leak fix question

I have a leak in my 1991 Ram D150. I took it to the glass place to get the windshield resealed thinking that was the problem. The owner said the windshield isn't leaking after water testing it. He said the problem is a leak in the drip rail. I am sure there is a product that fixes the problem but don't know what it is, and I don't trust anyone that is employed at the local parts stores to know the answer.
    Thanks in advance for your help
    Tom

The factory would have applied some seam sealer in the joint after they welded the drip rail to the cab. If you want to go about scraping the old stuff out, reapplying new and then painting over I know you can get seam sealer from NAPA in several colors. Its just depends on if you want to go through that much trouble. If you dont want to paint or scrape then you could probably get away with some clear silicone sealer. A little scuffing with some steel wool will be needed to give it something to grab ahold of. Either way works, the seam sealer method is the most permanent, and correct, fix.

Comment

what he said above is good info

Comment

Working...
      X