89 ramcharger computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89 ramcharger computer

mechanic says my 1989 "Border Patrol" Ramcharger (360, automatic, fuel injected ,air conditioned)needs a new computer. any one here been down this road before? Where can they be found and what is a ballpark price?

Those '89 FI trucks are notorious.I'd try the Ramcharger forum I think someone did something on them.Plus check the archives here I think JimmieD went over it as well.

Comment

why do you need one / the "most" common reason to need a NEW one is the ALT stops charging which can be fixed by wiring in an old style 70,s 80.s REG/ if its driviblity problems most likely its wiring or sensors

Comment

Given my experience in having one reconditioned, I would not suggest you go that route.
        Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

water infiltration

has caused corrosion of the 19 pin connector. entirely my fault since I love driving through water and mud. I must reconsider my previous badmouthing of the 1989 fuel injection system which I had assumed was the cause of all my problems. corroded pins would explain the on again off again symptoms. found a brand spanking new computer through a local dealership. BORDER PATROL rides again!!!

Comment

Working...
          X