79 vs 84

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 79 vs 84

I am thinking about purchasing one of two trucks. Any benefits specifically to the Transfer case on a 79w100 vs an 84w300? thanks, mattc

79 is probably fulltime np203
    84 is probably partime np205 since you said W300, if not itd be np208.

Id go with the 84 as for transfer case, but I like the 79 trucks better.

Bucky

Comment

Thanks for the input. The w100 I can get comes with a sometimes running 360, a set of nice alumnium rims (8 hole that'd fit my d200, which wil someday be converted to a w200) and a cool custom diamond plate toolbox/fuel cell setup. It also has a 727 behind it with a tight looking TC. The 84 is a sight unseen 1ton that is being parted out. It has dana 60/70s respectively, and is hooked up to a 400(that is not running) and a 727. Both are right @ $1k. Decisions, decsions :) mattc

Comment

So just buy both and eleminate the delima...

I'd way rather have a W300 over a w100. But then again I'd way rather have a '79 over an '84. But thats just personal preferences.

Didn't help you any did it.
        1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
        1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
        1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
        2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Originally posted by KRB64 View Post
          So just buy both and eleminate the delima...

I'd way rather have a W300 over a w100. But then again I'd way rather have a '79 over an '84. But thats just personal preferences.

Didn't help you any did it.
          Thats how I roll too!

Bucky

Comment

depending on cab/bed config, the 79 is infinitely cooler :) that being said, the 1 ton is cool cuz its a one ton, and you wont break it near as easily. i say buy em both, put the drivetrain outa the 84 in the 79.

Comment

hey and if your interested i have a sweet 72 w200 on 39's down in covington, near kent, if you want it. 206 403 6619 i can text you pictures or email em

Comment

Originally posted by mattc View Post
                Thanks for the input. The w100 I can get comes with a sometimes running 360, a set of nice alumnium rims (8 hole that'd fit my d200, which wil someday be converted to a w200) and a cool custom diamond plate toolbox/fuel cell setup. It also has a 727 behind it with a tight looking TC. The 84 is a sight unseen 1ton that is being parted out. It has dana 60/70s respectively, and is hooked up to a 400(that is not running) and a 727. Both are right @ $1k. Decisions, decsions :) mattc

an 84 would NOT have a 400 motor EVER [big blocks stopped in 1978] or 60,s and 70,s unless it was a DUALLY / plus a W100 would NOT have 8 holes rims that would fit a D200 / your either confusing trucks or are completely confused your self / sorry to say

Comment

Originally posted by DODGEBOYS View Post
                  an 84 would NOT have a 400 motor EVER [big blocks stopped in 1978] or 60,s and 70,s unless it was a DUALLY / plus a W100 would NOT have 8 holes rims that would fit a D200 / your either confusing trucks or are completely confused your self / sorry to say
                  Unless, like every other old dodge on the planet, they have been modified...

Comment

Originally posted by 2x1972 View Post
                    Unless, like every other old dodge on the planet, they have been modified...

l hear you there on the MODS / but if either truck had that many MOD,s they would be WELL over the grand price your say,in / either your full of BS or somebody is pullin your leg or your pullin ours / l,d buy either one right now with the MOD,s you say they have

Comment

Working...
                    X