!973 Power wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !973 Power wagon

I have a 1973 Power wagon with a manual trans. I want to mount an mu2 winch on it . Does any one know if I can purchase a bolt on pto for my trans. I have the winch and drive line.

Thank you,
    Kevin

1973 4-speed manual trans. is an NP435. I don't know if the PTO's are available new but there are used ones out there. I have one but it is not for sale. I can look for the PN etc. on it if you need for me to.

Comment

Pto

Thanks Don,
      That would be great if you could find that PN and any other info that would be helpful. If I could find one I can finally finish this project.

Thanks again,
      Kevin.

Comment

I have seen a few 70's Dodge 2 wheel drive trucks that had PTO's driven from their NP435 transmission, mainly wreckers & dump beds. That transmission was used by Ford & maybe GM too, although none were identical.

I know the whereabouts of a 77/78 D300 wrecker that has/had a tranny driven PTO.

Kevin where are you located?

Bucky

Comment

Bucky, Thanks for the info. I am in the Seattle area

Kevin

Comment

kevin you interested in a wheelin toy '72 w200? in covington. 206 403 6619 i can text you pics

As in covington WA

Comment

I'm finally back with some info on my PTO for the NP435. As a dear cousin of mine used to say "Sometimes things take a little longer up here in the mountains."
              The nameplate on the PTO reads:
              Chelsea DANA Corporation
              Model: 41KAHW C3
              ASSY. # M79 113
              I Googled these numbers and did not come up with anything useful. Chelsea is now a part of Parker. I would try contacting Chelsea or Muncie to find out what they have that will fit the NP435 transmission.

Comment

Originally posted by 2x1972 View Post
                kevin you interested in a wheelin toy '72 w200? in covington. 206 403 6619 i can text you pics

As in covington WA
                Thanks for the offer but, no more toys for now, I am putting together a work truck to salvage timber.

Comment

Don,

Thanks for the #s it really helps. I will keep looking for my part and post if I find that handy little bolt on.

You could always put that pto you have in a box, ship it down that mountain and out here to the coast, I would'nt mind.

Thanks,
                  Kevin

Comment

Working...
                  X