Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel question

Hey Folks,
    Anyone out there have info on specific wheel/tire combos for a 77' with dana 60's. I'm looking at getting 315/75/16 w/16x8 wheels. I'd like any info on wheels to keep the tires inside the fenders if possible (offset, backspace, etc.)
    I have 235/85/16's on now. Am getting away from "dress" shoes (see pic)
    Thanks,

My opinion is that is a beautiful truck!
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Wheel question

Gordon,
      Thanks! It's a 77 with a 318, dana 60 front and rear, front lockers (selectro), rear locker, lift kit, homemade headers and exhaust, custom bumpers, and re-done interior. Full plow and salt setup. It's a beast of a truck.

She's number 4 after kid, dog and wife. HaHa

Drew

Comment

So are you wanting to have stock looking steel wheels or some sort of aftermarket wheel?

Most aftermarket wheels use less backspace which pushes the whole shabang further outward. I don't like the look of tires hanging out real far, particularly if they appear to have alot of wasted space between inside of tire & springs.

nice looking truck. I have same axles on mine.

Bucky

Comment

Wheel question

Bucky,
          Exactly! These trucks look good with tires even w/ body. I have a nice set of aluminum hurricane wheels ( like the Duke's General Lee ) with 33x12.5x16.5 and they stick out beyond the body bout 3 in. I'd like to get away from the 16.5 wheels.

I guess I'm looking for aftermarket wheels. I have the steel 16' wheels now. Was just hoping someone had gone this problem and could give me the answer.

Thanks,
          Drew

Comment

I can tell you this,

I converted my M880 over to power steering and 16's a few years ago. I am running 265/75/16's and when I turn my tire to the right the nut on the pitman arm makes contact with tread of the left tire.

I am not sure if I needed to change the pitman arm or the drag link when I did the conversion, but as a result i can not turn the wheel as far to the right as I can to the left.

The rims I used are from a 1993 dodge van, 16x6. I would think two things :

1) the 315/75/16 would look small on your truck

2) the 8 in wheel may give you the same trouble I have with the turning radius, if you went with a taller tire.

My axle is a dana 44. I am not for sure, but I would think the dimentions for the gear box, pit man arm and drag link would be the same...

Comment

Originally posted by 78Power View Post
              I have a nice set of aluminum hurricane wheels ( like the Duke's General Lee ) with 33x12.5x16.5 and they stick out beyond the body bout 3 in. I'd like to get away from the 16.5 wheels.
              If you are looking to sell wheels & tires I may be interested.

Comment

Wheel question

Originally posted by QuantumJo View Post
                If you are looking to sell wheels & tires I may be interested.
                The tires are shot (dryrot). 33x12.5x16.5 The wheels are nice. The one pictured i had started to clean up. I was going to clear coat the set (4).

Make offer

Comment

Your truck has exactly the look I am shooting for on mine. I am particularly interested in how much lift you gave it front and rear and what did you use for parts to achieve it? An issues with driveline angles?

Comment

Lift question

Originally posted by 76WAGON200 View Post
                    Your truck has exactly the look I am shooting for on mine. I am particularly interested in how much lift you gave it front and rear and what did you use for parts to achieve it? An issues with driveline angles?
                    Sorry, the lift was installed by previous owner. There are blocks in rear, but I'm not sure about the front. i could take some pictures of area's that your interested in?

Comment

No need, thanks. I was just curious because I am in the middle of lifting my truck. I bought a BDS 5" kit that uses springs up front, blocks and add-a-leaf in the rear with a spacer block on the steering arm. I am hoping it ends up looking like your rig when i am done. How does it drive? Any vibrations, steering issues or anything out of the ordinary?

Comment

Wheel and lift

Originally posted by 76WAGON200 View Post
                        No need, thanks. I was just curious because I am in the middle of lifting my truck. I bought a BDS 5" kit that uses springs up front, blocks and add-a-leaf in the rear with a spacer block on the steering arm. I am hoping it ends up looking like your rig when i am done. How does it drive? Any vibrations, steering issues or anything out of the ordinary?
                        That sounds about what i have. I know the front springs are added, and rear has helper spring installed. The truck drives well. No vibrations. She does lean on corners

Have video here of truck walk around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svJAf7imm4w

Comment

Sweet truck - or "sick" as the kids say now...
                          1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
                          1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
                          1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
                          2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Working...
                          X