Is it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth it?

OK guys, finally found a decent crew that is practically at my back door. Haven't seen it or talked to the guy yet so I know niothing other than what the ad says. I hope to call this weekend.

http://lexington.craigslist.org/cto/2427788618.html

What do you think? This is the worst timing. My dailey driver has a blown motor (corolla), the dishwasher has crapped out, my wife just took her sixth furlough day and my farm partner and I have dissolved so I'm stuck with my half of the operating loan.

Yes I know most everyone else has it as bad or even worse but I have 0 money for this thing and shouldn't even be looking - but I've coveted one since my '75 dissolved into a pile of mineral a decade ago. I could go a little deeper if it was too good to pass up I guess. If the wife agees that is. Maybe she'd buy it for me for fathers day?

Give me a little while after your feedback and I'll let you know if I pass in case another is interested.
    1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
    1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
    1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
    2005 Jeep KJ CRD

If you are asking about the truck being worth the asking price, I'd say probably.

If you are asking should YOU buy it given your situation, I can't say.

Bucky

Comment

wait

there are more to be had. this bad economy will push more onto the market. from what i've read in your posts you seem mechanically inclined, a 1000 dollar basket case or non running abandoned restoration may be a better deal for you.

hold out for a 70's era crew..........

Comment

I honestly wouldnt pay that kind of money for it. Much newer ones can be had (like 200 year range) for that price. Sure you may not get a full crew cab, but the 2000 quad cab I had was plenty roomy and easy enough to get in and out of.
        It may be a nice looking truck, but its still a $2500 truck no matter what way you slice it, at least around here.

Comment

I waited a while, too.

Took about three years to find one close enough that was in my price range.
          Looking at the pics, they were taken in February, and those are pics you take when you want to sell something. So maybe he's been trying for a while...

Comment

Krb64

Here's one in Kansas. It's across a couple states from you, but there's nothing like a late spring drive...

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/2433811630.html

Comment

That is closer to my price range. I like the full time trucks but also the ease of an 80's for a Cummins transplant...
              2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

80's shmaties

You've got a first gen; just use that core for the swap. The frame under my crew is the same as the one under my diesel, minus the cab differences. So the core supports are interchangeable. You'll have to pull all that off to yank the engines, anyway.
                Unless I'm missing something about the front edge of the quarters, everything should go together fine...

Comment

My first gen is in way to good condition to use as a donor. I'd be looking for a wrecked or rusted out one if I ever were to do it. And thats a big if...
                  2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Crew Cab

The '84 is very clean. I say go for it. Father's day is coming up, and the Wife would probably not mind you having it. Women love clean, nice looking vehicles like that.

Comment

Working...
                    X