Leaning truck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaning truck.

Looks like my 1977 dodge M880 is leaning to the left, about a 1/4 in. in both the front and rear. I never noticed it before and thought it odd that a truck with this size of springs would lean.

I measured from the bottom lip of the rim to the bottom of all 4 wheel wells to come when I came up with the 1/4 in.

I inspected the springs for cracks and found none. I know the battery and gas tank are on that side but wouldn't think that a full tank would drop that side of the truck that much, just wondering if you guys also have leaning trucks and what is the cause / cure ?

Difference in tire pressure maybe? Difference in physical tire height maybe? It could even be as simple as one shock on that side lost its pressure (IF you have gas shocks) causing a little less upward force to be applied to that side of the vehicle.
    35 gallons of fuel runs in the 250-300lb range, it could be enough to cause the slight lean you are seeing.

Just throwing out ideas here. If any helps good, if not, well I tried to help right?

Comment

Many Thanks...

Comment

Working...
      X