1975 Crew cab restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1975 Crew cab restoration

I uploaded pictures of the Crew Cab I've been working on. http://rides.webshots.com/album/579934306zzVCMt The bodywork is coming along despite the heat and thanks to a 30" fan. Had hoped to have it done by the Lee, MA rally but it's not going to happen. I'm glad the floors are welded in with new panels. A LOT of sanding to do yet but it's shaping up from where it started.

Dr. Dent

keep up the outstanding work. did i spy some comfey modern seats in photo #27?

Comment

Originally posted by 74w300uteline View Post
      keep up the outstanding work. did i spy some comfey modern seats in photo #27?
      Hmmmm, could beee.... I'll try to muddle through. Seat is from a 1998 Dodge truck and with some mods to the seat brackets you'll be sittin' pretty.

Comment

Dang. Looks like a LOT of body work...

Is it a D200? Doesn't look W.

Think you can glue that dash back together?
        1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
        1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
        1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
        2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

There is a lot of sheet metal to go over. That's a W200 with your hub retainer on the left front wheel. The dash will be replaced. I got lucky and found a good dash at Pull a Part in Indy two years ago.

Comment

Good news I got the hood, bed, tailgate, replacement door and fender primed last night. NOW all the little imperfections will pop out as the block sanding will begin. The cab is ready to go under the spray gun next. Progress, I love it. Just in case anyone is interested.

Comment

Sanding = fun fun fun

Comment

Originally posted by 712edf View Post
                Sanding = fun fun fun
                In the immortal words of Al Borland " I don't think so Tim". Block sanding followed by more primer and wet sanding with 400.

Comment

Good exercise though!
                  1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
                  1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
                  1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
                  2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

focus on the prize

I'm working on a trophy that will make your 2011 Iowa Rally"Best Power Giant" trophy look like a gumball machine trinket. bwahha.. fiber optic bilnking lights, jewlery box music with spinning ballerina, infared proximity detector and optional birdfeeder!!

Comment

Be still my beating heart..... Sanding has commenced inside of door sanded and mounted. Hood is sanded and lows filled. Working on tailgate, bed is up next and I'm glad I have my big fan running because it's full blown summertime heat out there. Please delete the spinning ballerina we don't roll that way out here.

Comment

OK,loud and clear, 10-4

doubling up on the ballerinas!!!

Comment

Ummm you do realize

That this truck is NOT painted yet and could end up in pink and lavender with a CD playing "It's Raining Men". Just saying Joisey Boy. LOL

Comment

good point

like I said, 86 the ballerinas.

Comment

Looking good..good luck with it all...what color you going with? oh yeah...Im from Indiana also!

Comment

Working...
                              X