Saw this Rod Hall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw this Rod Hall

As soon as this guy pulled in I knew what it was. This Rod Hall was bought new in Arizona by a Marine. The poor guy got deployed and divorced and turned it in after only 1 payment. The second marine saw it on the lot and bought it immediately. He died in a freak swimming accident a few years later. His father has it now in Ohio. It is garaged and covered almost always. The truck still has the original Rancho lift, shocks, axle truss, and steering stabilizer. The bed doesn't even have a dent inside. This is a well preserved and loved original. It was funny because we were at a tractor show and he pulled a small trailer with a stationary engine on it, hardly anyone knew what this was or how rare. I went over and said "Nice Rod Hall Dodge" and he about fell over because I knew, and showed my appreciation.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

More

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Interesting. I have never heard of such a thing.
      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Weren't they sold in the Southwest where Desert Racing is big?Unless you were really into 4x4 mags in the 70's and 80's(like me)you didn't even know who Rod Hall was.

Comment

They were only made for 2 years because of federal regulations about the aftermarket lift kit installed at the factory. They had an agreement with Rancho to supply the lift, shocks, stabilizer, etc.. Rod Hall was a desert racer who preferred Dodge trucks. These were in a few television commercials back in the day.

Comment

How could anyone not know who Rod Hall is??!?

Comment

Rod Hall & Walker Evans were about all Mopar had going for them in the 80's. Buddy Arrington parked the last Nascar Dodge in 85. The 80's were lean years for Mopar spectators in professional motorsports outside of certain drag racing classes.

Bucky

Comment

Here is video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=MczLNUdryIQ

Comment

I sure like those wheels. I haven't had much luck finding any around here.

Comment

Originally posted by 712edf View Post
                    Rod Hall & Walker Evans were about all Mopar had going for them in the 80's. Buddy Arrington parked the last Nascar Dodge in 85. The 80's were lean years for Mopar spectators in professional motorsports outside of certain drag racing classes.

Bucky
                    Rod worked behind the scenes with a few Dodge and Jeep Engineers and was invited to test drive the coil link Jeep suspension that ended up on the front of the 2500 and 3500 BR Rams in 1994.
                    Rod is a member of the Off Road Hall of Fame and currently runs Silverados for GM after decades of racing Hummers. His family has three generations of Baja winners and now would be the perfect time to lure the Hall family back to Dodge and Jeep.
                    With the demise of Hummer, Robby Gordon is rumored to be switching back to Mopar for next years Dakar Rally. Could you imagine a team of Hall and Gordon prepped Dodges and Jeeps in off road racing again? I'd pay to see that!

Comment

Originally posted by The Other Ross View Post
                      ...Unless you were really into 4x4 mags in the 70's and 80's(like me)you didn't even know who Rod Hall was.
                      We just cleaned out my collection from dad's attic. Hundreds...
                      1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
                      1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
                      1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
                      2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Originally posted by KRB64 View Post
                        We just cleaned out my collection from dad's attic. Hundreds...

Scan some pics!!!!!

Comment

Unfortunately when I said we cleaned it out, we CLEANED it out. Not sure what my brother did with them. Either went to a resale store or recycled...

I did glance through for any Power Wagon articles. Saw a few CJ-3Bs (my first 4x4) and started to keep but...
                          1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
                          1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
                          1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
                          2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

not too long ago i remember seeing an article in a 4x4 mag about a rod hall race truck, which looked identicle to this one, but im sure was 2wd. all i can remember is drooling, and rolling my eyes as they referred to it as a '78. it would've been in the 4 Wheel Parts "off road adventures" magazine i believe. id look, but my magazine stash is 2400 miles away :(

Comment

Working...
                            X