help on Dana 60 front upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help on Dana 60 front upgrade

I have a 1976 Ramcharger that is currently running a Dana 44 8 lug front and Dana 60 8 lug rear with about a 4" lift. I'm upgrading to a Dana 60 front.

I need new u-bolts and I don't know what size to get and where to get them.
    I know of a place that will fab some up for about $10 but I can't put the whole thing together to get him measurements.

I was hoping that someone knows where I can get them already made that are the correct length and diameter.

Not sure if I can help much but when I added the overloads on the rear of mine nobody had any that fit so I had some made which were one size too big around to get the right length and I had to drill out the mounts...

NAPA or other parts house can look up the factory size that your 60 came off of. Or just measure your existing diameter and length. If you buy too long you just cut them off once tightened down.
    1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
    1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
    1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
    2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Try places like National Tire and Wheel. They sell lift kits and may know what size bolts you need, they may have them in stock.

Comment

Truck spring and axle shop.....

The place that works on 18 wheelers. I changed out the axle on my Dakota and after fooling around with auto stores I went to a truck spring shop in town. I told him what I needed, gave him the dimensions and he bent them (hydraulic press made for the job) from stock with pre-threaded ends (not all-thread) he keeps on the shelf. Heavy nuts and washers... about $60 out the door. Paint it yourself.

Comment

Working...
        X