Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

77 w150 stereo install difficulty for novice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 77 w150 stereo install difficulty for novice?

I have the original radio in place. (Antenna hole removed)
    I bought a scouche (sp) install kit that shows 77 pick up and ramcharger etc
    also bought the wiring harness kit.

How hard is it to remove old, and put in kit? Any advice?
    I have tools, know how to solder, etc.

Not tough at all. Biggest thing that I can think of is make sure you don't remove the wrong tabs on the adapter or it will sit crooked or not go in at all. I learned that the hard way and had to buy a new one because you can't glue 'em back on!

Comment

Sorry, don't mean to hijack thread...

But have a similar question. I have a stereo/tape player from a 2000 W200 and would like to install it into a '72 W200. The '72 does not have the 7-pin connectors obviously, is there anywhere that sells them other than trying to find a set in a salvage yard and dealing with the likely corrosion? The Scouche install kit that dianec is for installing a new radio and using the existing speakers. Instead I am trying to mate older style speakers to the newer factory radio.

Comment

77 w150 stereo install

Just to update and inform.

Went to installer. With no antenna or hole, went with a powered inside antenna that mounts to the inside edge of windshield. since a modern antenna it simply jacked in to the back of the Kenwood CD/ W/ USB blue tooth unit they put in.

The scorche install kit worked fine for the installer and he did not need the wiring harness conversion kit. (Scorche unit from walmart)

They had to cut holes in the doors for speakers. I had cheap new pioneer speakers which I will upgrade to infinitys at some point. All works great
        and looks good too

269 for Kenwood unit, 80 for holes put in steel doors, 60 for customer supplied speakers install. 40 for powered antenna no chg/discounted
        antenna install. audio express in phoenix
        Last edited by dianec; 11-14-2011, 08:33 PM. Reason: add installer

Comment

Working...
        X