75' W100 Wiring for netural saftey switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 75' W100 Wiring for netural saftey switch

Wondering how the wiring goes for the neutral saftey switch, my wires busted off right inside the connector, so I have no idea how to wire up the new pigtail for the neutral saftey switch. Thanks for your help

If its 3 prong, all I remember is the outer 2 wires are for one thing while the center wire is for something else.......The 2 choices being reverse lights & keeping it from starting in gear.

Actually I should say allowing the starter to crank in Park/Neutral by providing a ground for the starter relay only when the shifter is in one of those two positions.

Been a while since I have ran an automatic.

Bucky

Comment

Yes, a three prong... I know one is for the back up lights, one is for power..and one for neutral saftey switch..but not sure which is which on the switch (installed in the tranny) you can see the letters B N B above each post on the switch...so wondering if those mean anything??

Comment

Backup Neutral Backup????

Do any of the wires have voltage with the headlights ON?

I am thinking that at no point does any of these wires have any voltage. They just close the ground side of the circuit, depending on the position of the gear shifter mechanism inside the transmission.

With the ign key ON, ground each wire one at a time & see which ones light up the reverse lights (have a partner look while you jump the wires).

Or you can use an Ohmmeter to check which wire goes to starter relay, I'm betting its the middle.

Comment

Working...
        X