Fuel Sending Unit 77 M880 Dodge W200?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Sending Unit 77 M880 Dodge W200?

I need a new fuel sending unit, but finding there are none out there. I read somewhere that people are using a unit from a different Chrysler vehicle of the same era and modifying them to work in the M880.
    Has anyone here done that, and if so, can you give me information on what to use and how to do it?

Thanks in advance!

rebuild

I needed a fuel sender for a 75 w200. couldnt find one so i had the original FSU rebuilt. very happy with results. I think the rebuilder was in akron Ohio. lat me dig around for the reciept and i'll get back to ya. Indiana Ron do you remember who we sent the FSU to?

Comment

S.u.r&r

FSU rebuilders. highly recommended

Comment

My 75 W600 has in cab tank, sender is bad (or maybe float is punctured, it worked until I put more than smig of gas).

Would this FSU have one for in cab tank. I assume the M880 mentioned had frame rail tank & different sender.

Thanks,

Bucky

Comment

I used one on my 77 M886 from VTA Motorsports. Chrysler part #4240277. Ebay item #280746419565. They have the best price I have found on them. I had to modify the length and routing of the flexible fuel line but it works fine.

Comment

bucky

bucky S.U.R&R may have an in cab tank sender on the shelf. or you could box yours up send it to them and they will give you an estimate to repair. money well spent, one less thing to worry about. if yours is totally shot beyond repair, I may have a sender for you that could be refurbed. no charge, I just want to see a video of that brute W600 tearing up texas sagebrush.

Comment

Originally posted by 74w300uteline View Post
              bucky S.U.R&R may have an in cab tank sender on the shelf. or you could box yours up send it to them and they will give you an estimate to repair. money well spent, one less thing to worry about. if yours is totally shot beyond repair, I may have a sender for you that could be refurbed. no charge, I just want to see a video of that brute W600 tearing up texas sagebrush.
              Mine did work when I got it, then I filled it up & it quit working. Im thinking float is full, or it just broke. Gauge is good, I can ground the wire & it reads FULL.

Once I burn this tank of gas up, I'll pull my sender & see what's up.

This W600 is one of the easiest driving trucks I have had. Power steering is remarkable, similar to the old Chrysler systems of the 60's, or old John Deere tractors of the same era. Brakes arent the best though, but do the job. NP540 shifts easier than the NP435's I have owned.... Visibilty is excellant & it catches plenty of stares.

Thanks,
              Bucky

Comment

Working...
              X