Left turn signals stop when braking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left turn signals stop when braking

My 77 M880 has an electrical issue. All lights & signals work but when I hit the brakes and the brake lights come on, the left turn signal (front & back) stop blinking.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

Closely examine your dual filament bulbs to make sure one doesn't have a filament broken and flopped over onto the other one.

Considering you have an electromechanical flasher, I am pondering just what could cause that.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Time to check for a good ground at the lights. What Gordon said also. 77-78's had a lot of electrical issues. My Dad's 77 had wiring gemlins we never could find.

Comment

Wiring gremlins

If your truck is set up for towing, with a trunk connector for the trailer, it is possible for a fault or faults in that to cause symptoms similar to that which you describe. There are many other possibilities of course (sadly.)
        DavidGB

Comment

I replaced the brake light switch on my 77 W300 and solved that issue about 14 years ago.

Comment

It could also be a bad turn signal switch.

Comment

blackout lights.

does the truck still have the blackout light selector in the cab? the blackout setup is a whole different kettle of fish.

Comment

Working...
              X