will 318 oil pan fit on 360 long block, i have 1983 W150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello guys and gals........
    i guess i am lucky to find such a good clean truck with the healthy 318 so i will wait while before buying a rebuild 318. In the meantime what the BEST timing chain that money can buy as there are so many poor copies and brands out there as wanted to avoid chinese made timing chain and will soon put in new one on the 318 i have and hope to drive it for next few years.
    thanks guys........
    Tiffany

Comment

Multiple row chain is the best,avoid the sprockets with the plastic coated teeth.
      To determine if a chain is an American product it usually requires physically looking for the country of origin on the box.
      A parts counter person may also be helpfull in determining C.O.O before ordering in,if the chain/sprockets would have to be ordered in.

Comment

hello MrMarty51 and guys.......
        Isn't a true double roller timing chain better than the link type chain ?
        thanks guys.......
        Tiffany

Comment

Yes, the double roller timing set is what you will want to go with. Cloyes makes an excellent set. I believe they are still U.S. made.

Comment

Originally posted by USN78W150 View Post
            Yes, the double roller timing set is what you will want to go with. Cloyes makes an excellent set. I believe they are still U.S. made.
            My thinking was/is that the multiple plated side link chain should have less stretch because of all of those side plates and the doublerow roller just has three sideplates,but,the roller affect does revolve through the teeth of the sprockets easier because they have the rollers and less side plates.

The sprockets on the double row wear more like a motorcycle chain eventually hooking on the load side.

The multiple plate chain has many side plates so,in My theory/thinking,there should not be as much stretch in the same amount of time versus the double roller.

The sprockets,visually,looks more like a gear which creates support across the full face of the sprocket teeth and the chain links which in turn does`nt caus the hooking/wear affect like on the double row roller.

Those are just My thoughts when it comes to chains and sprockets and would appreciate anyone elses opinions without opening a whole can of worms.LOL

Comment

hello MrMarty51..........

ohhhhhhh you have a VERY good point there as that would make sense in why the big 3 still uses link type chain on their factory build engines and in their transfer cases. that is a GOOD thought on your part. perhaps I should pick the link type chain set without the plastic coating.
              thanks guys........
              Tiffany

Comment

The double roller chain is much stronger.

Comment

Timing chain set

I got in My engine rebuild kit,the timing chain is the double row roller chain type,dang,I forgot to specify which type of chain I would prefer when I orderd parts,oh well,it is made in the good o`l U.S.A. so I`ll go with it.LOL

Comment

Originally posted by USN78W150 View Post
                    The double roller chain is much stronger.
                    I did`nt know that,I always thought that with them many side links in the other type of chain that it would be a tougher chain to break and with a more like a gear on gear contact a lot less wear too.
                    High performance uses the double row,not because it is tougher but because it takes less horse power to make them move and turn.

Comment

hello guys.........
                      if that is true,then how come the double roller chains are not use in transfer cases ?
                      thanks guys....
                      Tiffany

Comment

Working...
                      X