Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the Forum..Here is my Truck.

Hello,

My name is Caleb. I am setting up this account for my father David and handing it over to him on Christmas day. I have a feeling you will be seeing alot of him and his PowerWagon. Along with this for Christmas he will also receive a Spartan Locker box that has his old nasty spider gears from his rear end. I have secretly installed this locker while it was away getting custom bumpers made for it.

Now for his truck.
    1975 Power Wagon, Step Side, Crew Cab, Found on craigslist last year.
    360 (soon to be 440)
    4 speed manual (soon to be rebuilt)
    4 inch rough country lift
    35in Mickey Thompsons
    Full time 4WD
    Spartan Rear Locker
    Custom Front bumper
    original Mopar Hooks
    Piaa Driving and Fog Lights
    PTO winch from 1967 power wagon
    Custom side steps
    Custom rear bumper with electric winch underneath bed
    Eight Track tape deck
    Fresh black paint inside and outside
    Herculiner in the bed and on side steps.

This is an Official millitary Power Wagon with all original Millitary badging. It came from the factory with a PTO winch. The only thing that was left of it when we bought though was the shaft coming out of the trans. Still has original instructions on the roof on how to use the PTO.

I am sure he will tell you much much more. But for now here is a link to a few pictures that we have taken in this past year during the trucks progress.

http://s1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc378/75crew/

Nice truck

Comment

ADMIN Please delete this Thread my Father is creeping around the site and I do not want him to find out about his Christmas Gifts.

Thanks

Comment

Well...

How did it go?

Comment

It all went great, he was really surprised and talked has talked about it since. His face was pretty priceless when he opened up a box of old oily spider gears. I can't wait to get some snow so we can go test out that locker.

Comment

Similar trucks

Chewie - looks like we have similar trucks - I see you also have a 75 Crew. Tell me a bit about it. Any photos posted?

Comment

Same year,

... but I think that's where the similarities end. Mine is a former Air Force truck that spent some time with the Rush City, MN VFD before going to the MN DNR. It's pretty much stock, aside from the coolant-fed underseat auxiliary heater and multiple drilled holes from the VFD.
              The basics:
              D44 front
              D60 open rear
              318, 727, 203
              I bought it at an ebay auction in the middle of last February's blizzard. We picked it up a few days later, and I drove it home from Sioux Falls. I took a lot of tools and a bunch of spare parts in case something went wrong, but we didn't have any trouble. We drive it a lot as it is right now. My baby girl calls it the 'Titanic', my boy calls it cool, and my wife just smiles. My dog likes it, too.

Eventually, I am going to put my CTD in it, when I find a 3.07 D60 front axle. This won't be an offroad rig. That's what the M37 is for. I wanted a crew that we could use as a lond weekend/vacation rig, that can also haul a truck or two to rallies.
              Attached Files

Comment

Interesting...

My truck was also a USAF truck that was delivered as a fire-fighting truck (still has the nameplates on the inside of the doors from the firetruck builder) After the USAF stint (I think maybe at Scott AFB), it spent some time at the Lawrenceville, IL airport as a fire/rescue unit before the guy who sold it to me got it. We had to patch up a lot of holes, too. The guy before me installed a stepside bed on it in place of the utility bed. My grandsons like to ride in it and while I will do some playing in the dirt and snow, I don't plan to abuse it. I'd love to take it to the Faifield rally some day with my wife and a grandson or two. Don't know yet if I will drive it or trailer it. Depends on when I get the 440 in it and new bearings in the tranny. At this point, I just enjoy driving it and shifting the gears. No A/C and with the black on black color combination, it gets pretty hot in the summer, but it does have 4 windows that can roll down and it will go down the road fast enough to get some air moving inside the cab so we have a good time - even in the heat. Good luck with your CTD conversion. My son used to work for Cummins and I do a lot of work with them now through my consulting business. In fact, I just returnd home from there (Columbus, IN) today. Have a great New Year and thanks for the response!

Comment

2012 Rally

Happy New Year to you, too!
                  Plan on coming up for the Rally at least for a day or two, truck or no. There will be plenty to do. I live pretty close to Fairfield, so I will be there a lot. Seeing 100 power wagons in one spot is a sight to behold...

Comment

Originally posted by chewie View Post
                    Happy New Year to you, too!
                    Plan on coming up for the Rally at least for a day or two, truck or no. There will be plenty to do. I live pretty close to Fairfield, so I will be there a lot. Seeing 100 power wagons in one spot is a sight to behold...
                    Thanks for the invitation, Chewie. Just made reservations today to be there on June 7-9 staying at the Super 8. Will likely trailer my PW as it will be a failry long drive in June with no A/C and 4.10 gears. My wife, my son and his wife and son will also be there. Sounds like a great time!

Comment

Working...
                    X