Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

painting a W150 in desert military colors..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• painting a W150 in desert military colors..

hello guys and gals......
    Is it hard to paint my 1983 W150 shortbox in comouflage desert military colors using the spray rattle cans and have good tough finish ? How do some of the guys do that and using a pattern ? I am pretty good using rattle can spray paint painting my crafts and metal. My rootbeer truck has brown dashboard with wood grain trim and tan interior.
    thanks guys.......
    Tiffany

This might help you:

http://www.therangerstation.com/tech...camouflage.htm

There are patterns down the page a bit.

If you decide to go the rattle can route, I would suggest you use a quality name like Rust-oleum or Krylon. Stay as far away from store brands like Wal-Mart's ColorPlace as possible. The 97 cents a can might be tempting, but don't be fooled.

Rust-oleum or Krylon will give you a tough finish as long as you prep it well. Be advised that you'll likely have to redo it in 5 years from fading though. Stay away from gloss colors, it'll look awful. Flat covers a lot of evils.

Comment

I have found the Valspar brand of spray paint available at Lowe's to be very good paint. About $4-$5 per can and worth it. I've gotten excellent adhesion and little to no fading in 18 months time.

Comment

I have a PDF of camo using a Dodge M880 picture, instead of the Chevy on TRS, and I can forward to interested parties.

Comment

NO set pattern just go nuts

Comment

hello dodgeboys.......
            wow look at that ramcharger colors, I LIKE it a lot !!!!!!!!!!!! Wish can do that to my W150 in sand and brown colors (desert colors).
            thanks guys,
            Tiffany

Comment

Working...
            X