diesels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diesels

just a question, a friend of mine asked me, what diesel did dodge run in the pw before the cummins?

They had a Mitsubishi Diesel option in the late seventies on half ton and light gvw 3/4 ton pickups. Not much power. I think trucks equipped with it were limited to a 2,000 lb. trailer tow rating.

Comment

They also couldn't get out of their own way going down hill with a tail wind. Not a shining moment in Dodge truck history.

Comment

Detroit's 70's dabble in diesels set the US back decades as far as diesel acceptance for cars and trucks. Europe is way ahead.
        1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
        1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
        1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
        2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Originally posted by KRB64 View Post
          Detroit's 70's dabble in diesels set the US back decades as far as diesel acceptance for cars and trucks. Europe is way ahead.
          True.

The GM 350 diesel that was based on gas block was junk. It came in Olds Toronados among other things.

Raggle raggle raggle & bunch of smoke. Gutless

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by 712edf View Post
            True.

The GM 350 diesel that was based on gas block was junk. It came in Olds Toronados among other things.

Raggle raggle raggle & bunch of smoke. Gutless

Bucky

Don't forget the Cadillac that had the same diesel 350 engine. LOL!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X