Leaks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaks?

Has anyone successfully created a leak free Powerwagon? I have yet to speak with anyone who has. Wondering if there any tricks. I'll be giving it a shot with a new windshield, taking the fenders off and sealing the areas back there, and somehow figure out how water makes it way into the upper roof structure and rots the areas above the front doors.
    Or I could just move to AZ
    David

My '77 W300 had no oil leaks from gaskets due to liberal use of Gascacinch.

The rubber weather seals were shot and when it rained, I couldn't wear sandles.

Comment

Yeah, it's the water leaks I'm hoping to eradicate. I may have more luck finding a unicorn and the end of the rainbow, but I can't help but believe that it must be possible.

Comment

Por 15 the drip rail. The moisture mainly gets in because the drip rail is 3 layers of metal pinch welded together. As soon as minor rust starts it separates the layers and all **** breaks loose.

I found a 73 nv truck that hadn't been ruined yet! Saved one!!!

Clean it all out and brush in por 15. It will seal it off.

As far as windows, air vents,etc leaks.... May the force be with you

Comment

I was looking at the drip rail real close. I'm thinking I can heat gun the old seam sealer out and have a good look. The only other way that water can get in above the doors would be a wind forced leak at the top of the WS gasket. Funny I drove the truck to my shop this morning and I notice water collected at the top of the interior door panel, back about 4" from the front of the door. Incredible how water find a way
          David

Comment

Originally posted by ddarnell View Post
            I was looking at the drip rail real close. I'm thinking I can heat gun the old seam sealer out and have a good look. The only other way that water can get in above the doors would be a wind forced leak at the top of the WS gasket. Funny I drove the truck to my shop this morning and I notice water collected at the top of the interior door panel, back about 4" from the front of the door. Incredible how water find a way
            David
            Ya if the ws isn't a fresh seal with a good lock strip wind will push water through. Cab edge and glass edge. I've seen water come through the tops of my door panels too, I have no window felt on the bottom of the window track so I think wind pressure blows the water every where.

Comment

Working...
            X