Cab/Body mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cab/Body mounts

Anyone know of a source for new cab mounts? Mine are squished and hard and cracked. Also looking for core support bushings/mounts. Checked Napa and they don't show any
    Thanks
    David

I've seen them on ebay but don't know if they are there now.

Comment

dee engineering

has cab mounts.

Comment

Thanks Ron, I'll check
        David

Comment

prothane motion control

4-102 looks pricey

Comment

Cab mount bushings on eBay

I bought a set of these and installed them on my 75 W200 crew cab last year...very happy with them and the price was decent. Got the cab back up off the frame and cut the noise quite a bit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Body-Cab-Mou...82299478892090

Comment

All I could find are the polyurethane mounts. Definitely don't want to go there, too harsh and really defeats the intended purpose of the mounts, which is isolation. I will be manufacturing both the body and core support mounts out of 75A durameter neoprene. Should isolate most of the road vibration and last a good long time.

Comment

Once again I may be speaking out my backside. Looks as though the Energy Suspension material may well be in the 70A durameter range, which would make them a good insulator. Waiting to hear from the company now.
                If they cut the noise and vibration for 75crew, I'm guessing they are the more pliable compound of polyurethane.
                David

Comment

skeptical on bushings

I too was skeptical when I purchased these bushings, expecting them to be rough riding and not much for noise isolation, but I couldn't find any more for a decent price. So I decided to try them and was pleasantly surprised.

Comment

I'll probably do the same. Like you said, there are no others available. I've already order the neoprene material, so if I don't like em I can change them out. But anything in the 70A durameter shouldn't be harsh. The suspension compounds are 85A and above, hence the complaints of feeling every jolt in the road. Thanks for your help!
                    David

Comment

Autozone has 'em,somewhere on this site I posted the part # a while ago.Don't have it handy right now.

Comment

Originally posted by ddarnell View Post
                        Once again I may be speaking out my backside. Looks as though the Energy Suspension material may well be in the 70A durameter range, which would make them a good insulator. Waiting to hear from the company now.
                        If they cut the noise and vibration for 75crew, I'm guessing they are the more pliable compound of polyurethane.
                        David
                        I put a set of ES pucs on my '75 W300 dump and found them completely satisfactory. The kit was complete, reasonably priced, and easy to install. No it's all quiet but before only two pucs still existed on the cab and those were loose. The cab was bouncing up and down on the frame about an inch and a half when I bought the rig - quite a noise!

Comment

I've been trying to locate a set for my 1967 W-200 regular cab. No luck so far. Most only go back to '72 if they have them at all.

Comment

Working...
                          X