Sno commander hydraulic setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sno commander hydraulic setup

Just acquired a complete working hydraulic setup from a sno commander. Yipee ,been searching for one of these for 5years.

Hope the pump works I've heard finding parts can be a pain. Start looking into an auxilliary transmission cooler and a deeper pan if you plan to use that plow much. A filter and oil change while you have the pan off. Not trying to rain on your parade just a heads up. Nothing destroys a transmission like plowing snow.

Comment

You know me Ron

its all about the chase. These parts will probably sit on a shelf for the next ten years. Besides i would have to disconnect the pto winch from the w300 to get the plow on. Maybe ill rebuild a sno commander around this one part. Ahahah

Comment

Is it a Monarch system? Monarch was very popular with many vehicle and snowplow manufactures up through the 1970's.

If it is a Monarch, the pump is very easy to rebuild. The gears almost never wear out on the surfaces of the teeth. The wear occurs on the sides of the gears. The gears and pump plates can be surface ground to remove the wear and bring the clearances back into tolerance. Then all you might need are new needle bearings and seals, but not very likely unless moisture has corroded the parts.

The trick to reducing the wear is to remove the drive belt during non-snowplowing months.

Comment

the STOCK 70,s system is a MYERS and it uses a STOCK Chrysler power steering pump / if you want email me for the complete system diagrams / l,d put it on your Trail Duster / just gotta put a top on

Comment

Meyer's on the Sno-fiters (W100-200). Western Plow on the W500/600's

Bucky

Comment

Sno fiter Vs sno commander history

Same vehiclen but chrysler lost a lawsuit forcing it to stop using the name.I would have thought chryslers deep pockets would have bought out the snow blower guy.

Comment

hows the diagrams

Comment

Diagrams big help

Thanks DODGEBOYS . Much easier to understand with pictures

Comment

Working...
                  X