M880 Fuel Sending Unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M880 Fuel Sending Unit

I have a '77 M880 and my sending unit has gone back to original base elements. I am having a horrible time finding a replacement, any ideas?

Search ebay for dodge 4240277. They are a little pricey but they work. I put one on my 77 M886. Had to modify the truck fuel line due to the outlet being oriented differently from the original. Not a big deal at all.

Comment

Saturn surplus

Should have them

Comment

Got mine on ebay too, supposed to be OEM and still working so far. Didn't know Saturn Surplus had them but I'd try them first as they are definately OEM stuff bought in bulk.
        1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
        1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
        1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
        2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Years ago, I thought about converting one from a DODGE Aspen, (I believe that the bolt patterns are the same where they bolt onto the tank,) but I think you would have to modify the pickup tube and Float arm for the deeper tank on the truck.

At the time you could get on for a car for $20. NOS and the ones for the truck were going for $75.

I opted to just buy one made for the truck off e-bay because I was not sure if I could get the float arm adjusted to where it would read accuretly. That being said, the one I got that was made for the truck is not that accurate, is off by over 1/8 tank...

Comment

Mine's off by about that much too.
            1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
            1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
            1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
            2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Working...
            X