74 w300 clubcab uteline shortbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 74 w300 clubcab uteline shortbox

My current financial situation has me in a holding pattern , but dreamin and scheming are free so heres my latest scheme. My 74 w 300 (360 4speed Dana 70 front and rear with winch) cab is rotted , the 9 ft bed has been given to a friend who is capable of fixing it and putting it to good use. i love the 74 w300 running gear and robust components that it has. Could the 135 inch wheel base accomodate a club cab and a 6.5 shortbox uteline bed? I know some of you guys will say anythings possible but Im looking for reasonable bolt on ,minor modification fit. Did anything like this combo roll off the factory floor? If this scheme is possible ,the result would be a freaky beast of a truck.

I have often pondered a clubcab dually short bed with a service body. Alas...

Comment

Google may be your friend with regard to locating dimensions of various cab and bed combinations. Even sales lit may include that info.

At worst, you may have to change frame length.
      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Good advice Gordon

Guess where google sends me?

Power Wagon Advertiser! Ha

Tried different search terms and found an old popular mechanics article that has 133inch as the wheelbase for a 70's clubcab shortbox. Thats good news. I also found a google image of a clubcab utiline shortbox.

Comment

Rod hall macho utiline

Also came across some goolge images of a sweet Rod Hall utiline macho

Comment

According to my 1978 factory literature, the clubcab shortbed combo has a 133" wheelbase. Yours seems to be the chassis cab and I don't know how well that might work for you so I just thought I would give you the measurements.

Comment

Working...
            X