Saggy doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saggy doors

The doors on my 76 W100 are sagging and when I close them they rub , is there some buchings or something that I can replace that will fix this problem? Where can I get them?

If they're sagging due to worn hinge pins, you can probably get
    them at your local Dodge Truck dealer. If the hinge pin holes are
    too wallowed out, you might have to hit a boneyard or two
    and scrounge up some good used hinges. I'm not sure if new
    hinges are still available? You might try to closely view the
    hinges while another person gently lifts the [open] door up
    and down to see exactly what is causing your sag.
    John

Comment

Hobbcobble is correct try this place http://www.hingekits.com/search/Dodg...ickup/2%20Door I just googled Dodge truck door hinges and this came up. The trick will be getting the old pins out. Some penetrating oil to start then move up to some heat if that doesn't work. One other trick before you remove the hinges from the doors, drill an 1/8" hole through the hinge and door. This will help in getting the hinge back close to where it was before by placing the drill bit in the hole on reassembly. Try to scribe a line around the hinge at the door post to align it before removing. All the adjustment for the door gaps is in those hinges relative to the slots in the doors and hinges. Once you have new pins and bushings don't forget to lube them with white lithium grease now and again. Same for the door checks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
        Hobbcobble is correct try this place http://www.hingekits.com/search/Dodg...ickup/2%20Door I just googled Dodge truck door hinges and this came up. The trick will be getting the old pins out. Some penetrating oil to start then move up to some heat if that doesn't work. One other trick before you remove the hinges from the doors, drill an 1/8" hole through the hinge and door. This will help in getting the hinge back close to where it was before by placing the drill bit in the hole on reassembly. Try to scribe a line around the hinge at the door post to align it before removing. All the adjustment for the door gaps is in those hinges relative to the slots in the doors and hinges. Once you have new pins and bushings don't forget to lube them with white lithium grease now and again. Same for the door checks.
        Can I adjust the door by turning the hinges up alittle? They do adjust, dont they?

Comment

To answer your question, no they don't work like that. The adjustment is for in and out, up and down somewhat. More in and out to align to the fenders and cowl. Open your door and lift or have someone else lift the door. You'll see the hinge pin or one side of the hinge move. That's wear on the hinges and door pins which is a very common problem. You can adjust all you want but the doors will never hang correctly in the opening. Trust me.

Comment

To answer your question, no they don't work like that. The adjustment is for in and out, up and down somewhat. More in and out to align to the fenders and cowl. Open your door and lift or have someone else lift the door. You'll see the hinge pin or one side of the hinge move. That's wear on the hinges and door pins which is a very common problem. You can adjust all you want but the doors will never hang correctly in the opening. Trust me.
            I got new pins and bushings from orylies today and the bushings were too big, so they will go back. There was no bushings in the bottom hinge, should there be?

Comment

I can't say for sure but I don't know that the factory hinges came with bushings. You may have to drill the hinges for the new bushings since the holes are probably oblonged. Drilling oversized will give you a round hole to install the bushings.

Comment

I can't say for sure but I don't know that the factory hinges came with bushings. You may have to drill the hinges for the new bushings since the holes are probably oblonged. Drilling oversized will give you a round hole to install the bushings.
                When I get time I will try that, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X