Speedo cable ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo cable ?

My speedometer jumps all over the place, so I plan on replacing. My truck has cruise control that does not work, it has 2 cables. My question is, Im not planing on fixing the cruise, so I went to orylies and they have a replacement for the non cruise. That cable is just one cable, If I use that one I will be ok? Right? Just one cable from the speedo to the tranny.

Originally posted by 04 Diesel View Post
    My speedometer jumps all over the place, so I plan on replacing. My truck has cruise control that does not work, it has 2 cables. My question is, Im not planing on fixing the cruise, so I went to orylies and they have a replacement for the non cruise. That cable is just one cable, If I use that one I will be ok? Right? Just one cable from the speedo to the tranny.
    That's how non cruise trucks are set up. You may get you current speedometer to not jump around by lubricating the inside of the cables.
    Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by 712edf View Post
      That's how non cruise trucks are set up. You may get you current speedometer to not jump around by lubricating the inside of the cables.
      Bucky
      Can I use 3 in 1?

Comment

Originally posted by 04 Diesel View Post
        Can I use 3 in 1?
        I think a certian type of grease would be more beneficial, but 3-n-1 is better than nothing at all.

Bucky

Comment

I thought graphitte was what was recommended?
          1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
          1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
          1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
          2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Originally posted by KRB64 View Post
            I thought graphitte was what was recommended?
            I think so.

Bucky

Comment

I finally had time to work on my speedometer today, took them out and greased them up and it works now. I also replaced two bulbs that were burnt out, now i can see my working speedometer at night. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
              X