Headers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headers?

I found a set of headers fir my 76 w100, are they worth it? What will I gain?I can get them for 30 bucks, will i have to get a smaller starter? What else will i have to do?

First are you sure they are for your truck? I put a set on my 78 with no problem as far as the starter goes. You may have to take that side off to replace the starter if it goes bad. I believe yours has a poly gas tank like mine and the 75 I have here. new exhaust pipe will need to be run with both pipes and mufflers run down the passenger side of the truck. I knew a guy who ran his pipes straight back towards the gas tank and melted a hole in it. It's a wonder he didn't burn it to the ground being the moron he was. Anyway a trip to a good muffler shop will get you going. I had mine run to behind the rear tire side by side. As far any difference in power or mileage I can't say. Just be sure you level the flange that bolts to the block with a belt sander. It helps in keeping down the leaks oh and get good header bolts. Expect to tighten them after a good hot run and cool down. The end bolts are studs with nuts. Remove them and watch the antifreeze run out. Use the nuts leave the studs

Comment

My concern about headers is that they rust out and develop cracks. A cast iron manifold tends to be more durable.
      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Headers are a no go, the guy already sold them. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X