Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to identify a 360 and wich lift kits work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to identify a 360 and wich lift kits work?

Hey guys, new to the forums and powerwagons. I recently came into the ownership of a 77 powerwagon, guy says it has a 318 but i want to make shur its not a 360, any way to identify them?

Also want to give it a lil lift 3-4" i was told any kit will work through 72-90 this true?

Engine size should be visible as cast-in-place characters on the left rear side of the cylinder block near the block deck. Also marked on machined pad on forward end of left side below block deck. The 318 will not have a visible weight as part of the vibration dampener, the 360 will because it is externally balanced.

Is this truck 1/2 or 3/4 ton?
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

1/2 ton i believe...here r some pics

Comment

Under 1/2 ton Rough Country says 1970-1993.
        Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Looks like a 3/4 ton from the 8 lug wheel on the drivers front and from the hub caps. My first 4x4 truck was a 78 Club Cab W250 with a 360. There are those who don't care for the full time 4 wheel drive on these trucks but I loved it. There is only a 1 mpg difference between a full time and part time. Don't expect more than 12 mpg with this truck. I looks solid from the pictures where is this located? A few tips, check all fluids and grease the front hubs which is accessable through a hole in the rotor to reach the grease zerk. If it's a high mileage truck I'd look into a timing chain replacement to keep it in tune. Enjoy the ride and have fun. I pulled more stuck vehicles with my truck back in the day including two semis. I don't pull anyone nowadays due to nothing to hook to and to much liability. Stick around and ask questions, plenty of help here.

Comment

Welcome!

I'll come out and ID the motor if you'll give me that bumper...

Seriously, I agree that its a 3/4 ton by the lug pattern. Good ol' trucks. I like the 4-speed too!

Why you want to lift it?

Good luck and have fun!
            1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
            1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
            1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
            2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Working...
            X