Dodge Dependability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodge Dependability

I'm sure most everyone knows that The Dodge Brothers are who added dependable to the dictionary.
    My 1983 Dodge Ram had been sitting for over a year without being started.
    Tonight after work, a couple of gear head friends who drive shove me's and I went out to get the Dodge started.
    We Poured gas in the carb, and it started right up as if I had driven it yesterday. The two friends were surprised, however I was not.
    It is one of the reasons I have been driving Dodge cars and trucks since June 1974. As a gauge of the length of that time frame, Richard Nixon was President of the United States, There have been 7 Presidents since then, and a total of 8
    Since my truck was built in the summer of 1982 there have been a total of 5 Presidents.

The old Dodge is your friend.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

The previous owner of my W600 would leave it sitting for about 6 months out of the year, up in the Rocky Mtns, exposed to the elements. Other than charging the battery & a shot of gas, nothing was required to get it going. EVER. He said it never failed him.

Now all that sitting hasn't been so good on the bias tires :)

Bucky

Comment

I can count only a few times my trucks left me or nearly left me standing. A fuel pump went out on my '77 W300...in front of the parts store I worked at. My '76 W200 blew a rear axle u-joint pinion mount near Los Angeles. I dropped the rear driveshaft and used front wheel drive for the 3 hour drive home 45 miles on surface roads. My '87 Ramcharger has working AC for those hot Cali days in the north Central Valley. The AC clutch lost a rivet earlier this season, but still has wind wings and 2-60 air. Simple.

Comment

Working...
        X