Sad Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad Day

Putting a note out to see if can get a helping hand. Had my Dodge stored out at a friends and well long story short no longer a friend.

I am located in central MN and could use any help possible out there. What I am trying to put back is a 74 W200 4x4 that got knocked around like it was some dead tree and lost some of the motor parts. Engine is a 360 (what got trashed and/or stolen was the: oil pan, oil pump, 340 heads X series, 4bbl intake & carb), gauge cluster.

The pictures of the body is posted but don't have all around shots of the damage. Limited on funds so the cheaper the better and alright if they need work. Attached is a photo of what it looked like before. My prior idea was to find a nice conversion van body and make a nice 4x4 conversion van. Right now just would like to get it close back to what it was before all this happened.

Hopefully these photos will show in the preview they aren't

What's left of the motor:

Truck before:

truck now:

Left of the motor:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawk_mn/9571855491/

Truck before:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawk_mn/1536381766/

Truck now:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawk_mn/9574650178/

Comment

WOW! And this was done by your "friend"? That is sad. Hope you get it back together.

Comment

Originally posted by CSCameron View Post
        WOW! And this was done by your "friend"? That is sad. Hope you get it back together.
        Well I thought he was, guess I found out the hard way

Comment

I don't want to be friends with this person you mention.
          Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

That stinks

I remember when you got that truck. I remember that two tone paint scheme. I bet the friend wasn't a dodge guy, I've never been screwed by a dodge guy in all of my dealings in this hobby/addiction.

Comment

Originally posted by 74w300uteline View Post
              I remember when you got that truck. I remember that two tone paint scheme. I bet the friend wasn't a dodge guy, I've never been screwed by a dodge guy in all of my dealings in this hobby/addiction.
              Yea, it really sucks that it was mistreated the way it was. I have been unable to find any good heads that I can match to the X series I had on it or the original J series that was factor to this motor. So I have been doing the R&D on the Magnum head replacement that so many have been doing. Even reading up on the Hot Rod Mag write up on it too. I might have to take this route seeing as so many local to me have been sent in for scrap.

Right now just trying to see if any one out there has any parts that they could help with so I can get back to restoring this. I just finished helping a true friend replace the motor in their 36 Plymouth (just have some wiring to finish fixing up). So once that is out of my work space I get to return the focus on my truck.

And no the person who did this was not a dodge person. Its sad that someone would do some messed up crap like this.

Comment

Well good news, a friend of mine has a 76 W200 sitting in their grove they said I could have cheap. So that will give me some of the parts I need. Once I have a heart in it then I can get back to the body work :) (happy dance)

Comment

Great news!
                  Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

36 plymouth

I have orig sales literature for 36 Plymouth business coupes

Comment

Originally posted by 74w300uteline View Post
                      I have orig sales literature for 36 Plymouth business coupes
                      Putting together a 32 Plymouth Coupe 2 Door now for a friend, I will try to snap off some pictures of it later. What a rush time to get things done before the snow flys here in MN. Now if I could only find a good priced new/reman transmission for this 32 (it was a A998 out of a 91 truck) then I could get back to my toys before it gets all white outside.

Side note the 36 is gone already, but the 32 showed up for attention ... got to love word of mouth when you can work on these old DINO's

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
                        Great news!
                        Yes Gordon it was the song that made my day ..... What made it even better is I found out the other day that they had put a new transmission in it shortly before they parked it in the grove.

I have to dbl check with them and see if they did the 4bbl conversion to it yet or not. I so hope they did. If not I have a line on a nice performer intake that just needs the water neck bolt hole repaired (another cheap find). Then will just have to find a 4bbl to bolt on

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
                          Well good news, a friend of mine has a 76 W200 sitting in their grove they said I could have cheap. So that will give me some of the parts I need. Once I have a heart in it then I can get back to the body work :) (happy dance)
                          Well this turned out to be a mass lemon .... Motor was stuck solid, mice had their fun in just about everything, front and rear axles where frozen tight, transmission full of water.

Not sure if I am going to try to salvage anything or not. With scale prices down, it would be hard to even make any $$ back that I would have to invest to get it, not counting the tow to get it the 50 miles to my home.

Seeing as old man winter is here, gives me a few months to think things over and try to figure out what I am going to do.

Oh well win some loose some blah

Comment

here is a picture of the 36 I helped a friend of mine with. Forgot to snap off some of the 32. In the spring my friend is going to bring this back for some interior work and fixing the rear end (dog tails badly). The prior builder I figure had no idea what the heck he was doing. And yes, the door windows are still like that. The owner doesn't want to replace them yet until he can get the window channels done so it wont crack the replacements

Comment

Hawk,

That 36 is just way too COOL! What a neat ride!

I wish that I had some of the parts you are looking for for the P.U. Now if it was an I.H. of that vintage, I do have a collection in the tree line, and I'd share. But I don't have any Dodge stuff of the mid 70's. But I will keep my eyes open as I do visit many small farms while doing my hay business.

Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas!

Paul in MN

Comment

Working...
                              X