Need help with outside mirrors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with outside mirrors

I have a 1983 D150 Royal that I have had for about 4 1/2 years, and it came from out west so the body is in great shape.
    It has funky small outside mirrors that I hate that I can't see much out of. I think they are 5 inches wide and maybe about 8 inches long and are low mounted, which means they are bolted onto the door.
    The guy who owned the truck before me put those round convex mirrors on these so it makes them worse
    What is a good replacement that is an easy replacement? The only thing that comes to mind is a similar style that is mounted pretty much the same way but the mirrors are wider and taller furd vans and pickups had them, and since they made so many they might be had for cheap?
    How many of you had these things and swapped them out for something more useful?
    I like the 6x9 high mounts that I had on my 88 D100 that I bought new but I think those are probably impossible to find, especially the passenger side, since I couldn't find any 10 years ago.
    I have been driving my truck since my van is out of commission and probably will be for half of September. I forgot how much I hate these mirrors!
    Thanks
    Tom

How about some West Coast mirrors? The one you have mount with the stainless trim like the same era Chevy trucks?

These are on my Ramcharger, ok for the horse trailer but would need more mirror for a camper trailer:

My last 70s truck had the slightly larger, 4-bolt mounts:

Example of West Coasters on an '80 W400 that I desire:

Variations of these exist at your local NAPA parts store, camper shops, JC Whitney, and truck stops for your perusal and purchase.

Russell

Comment

I picked up a set of the small west coast mirrors 10x 5 for my truck from amazon link below

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

Working...
      X