Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 79 Powerwagon Adventurer

Hello all!

I'm a newcomer to the forum, but loved power wagons for a long time. I got a 79 my back in 1995 from my grandpas farm, it had 22,000 miles at the time but had been all farm use. I drove the truck for another 40000miles or so and parked it into storage around 2001. There it has sat until yesterday. It is being shipped to me right now and I am starting my research to begin my restoration project. I will post up some pics if I can figure that out. Looking for any and all info on where to start, what engine, tranny, etc this truck has. Any info I can gather would be much appreciated.

What I do remember:

Pretty sure it had a 360 v8, All-time 4, was a heavy 1/2ton.

Kind of a random post I know, but I am excited to get it! Just wanted to reach out to some fellow pw lovers:)

The transfer case is full-time New Process 203.
    The front axle should be a Dana 44
    Transmission is either 727 automatic, or New Process 435 4-speed (if granny low), New Process 445 4-speed may have been offered that year, not sure.
    Since you mention 1/2 ton I think it has the 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern for wheels.
    Front wheel bearings should have a grease zerk that's sorta of hidden & accessible through a hole in the hub (remove wheel first).
    Bucky

Comment

Thank you for the info! Much appreciated

Comment

http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/ts...9%20PowerWagon

Hopefully this link works for pics. Please let me know what ya'll think and any additional info on this truck is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Yup, what they said...

Sounds like a good truck, some parts can be hard to find but overall pretty easy resto projects (as projects go)

I've got my Dad's 1976 Power Wagon W100 AdventurerSport, and I know the '70s Dodge trucks very, VERY well...

JS

Comment

The factory rim may have a hole that allows access to the zerk fitting for the wheel bearing, as long as it was indexed correctly when mounted....1/2-ton only.

Comment

Looks like you have a really nice base to start with. The history makes it even nicer. Have fun & enjoy.

Is it an auto or stick?
              1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
              1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
              1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
              2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Yup I think the history of it is kinda cool. Even had the original warranty card signed by my grandpa still in the glovebox lol. Wonder if its still good, hahaha.

It is the manual transmission. Going to try to wake her up tomorrow, pretty sure I got all the prep work for that done. Battery, new fuel, fixed a mouse chewed wire, new oil, new plugs, etc.

Thanks for the comments!

Comment

Very, Very nice truck!

Comment

Working...
                  X