Overhead console

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overhead console

I am planning on putting an overhead console in my '81 Crew and I am curious if someone else has built an overhead console for their trucks. I plan to have a gauge panel in it once the Cummins goes in to monitor that everything is operation as it should. Also thought about putting a switch panel up there for any additional lights and possible mount a CB in the center but have it angled toward the driver obviously. Just curious if someone else has made anything similar and if they could post some pictures possibly just to help out with the process.

Thanks
    Jeff

I have never had one, but the ones I have seen were bolted to the cab roof where the sunvisors normally do. Then the sunvisors were mounted underneath the console.

Overhead consoles were more prominent in the 70's "CB radio" era of America.

I wouldn't mind having an OH console on my Dodge.

Bucky

Comment

This is more common for the van owners, but I use to have a 79 D100 that had one. It came in handy more then once. Seeing as most of the older trucks didn't have the handy storage areas that you find in the newer trucks today. Its not a bad idea at all to put one in.

If you design it right you will find it more useful then you think.

Comment

Working...
      X