Another new member M880/W200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another new member M880/W200

1977 M880 Army to Fire Dept. Rust free and runs great. I just have to do a few things to make it perfect. Drove it on the highway today to get an inspection sticker and it was solid. ~30K miles, no rust.

On my to do list: Bypass ALT gauge, Clean firewall connections, get oil pressure gauge working, find a vintage radio, remove roll bar, fix small dent, repair exhaust leak at tailpipe, check all fluids, check choke is working properly, check timing, etc.

It has been converted to P/S and fitted with a 200 amp(!)

Thanks. I really like this truck and this is a great site for info.

Welcome to the zoo!!

Bucky

Comment

Welcome!

Add greasing the front bearings to your list. There's a hole with a zerk on the hub when you take the front wheel off and most people overlook it.
      1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
      1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
      1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
      2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Thanks guys. Did some electrical work and fixed the stepped, high idle cam linkage on the Carter BBD (it was on backwards). Now choke works as it was designed. Ordered some spare electrical parts and will be replacing the oil pressure sender today.

My future plans are to turn it into a Sno-Fiter tribute W200. Always loved the way they look and my orange-red paint is almost the same. Just need to find or make a stripe.

Comment

Working...
        X