Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New from NY

Hello
    i didn't see a new members area so i guess i will introduce myself here.
    I've been looking for a PW or RC on and of for some time now. i had a 1978 trailduster back in my youth and always regretted getting rid of it.
    i just purchased a '76 power wagon short bed. got her out of Nevada,bought it sight unseen.Looks to be very clean,no rust,needs paint. still waiting for a shipper to pick it up.

My plan when she arrives is giving it a good going through,make sure its road worthy,starts stops and wont leave me stranded, change all fluids and take it from there.
    i've been doing a lot of late night research on-line and am learning about this trucks but will definitely have questions as i start to dig in to it.

That being said is there anything i should not be overlooking during my initial inspection? i'm aware of greasing the hub bearing from this forum.

it is a adventurer sport but i dont really know what that means, does anyone know what exactly was included in this package on a '76?
    Attached Files

Welcome!!

This might interest you:
    http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123224

Bucky

Comment

Exactly what i was looking for.Thanks

Comment

Welcome and thank you for sharing this, keep us updated as you get more involved with your new truck. I do not have alot of experience with these but we will help you out all we can.
        1967 W200.aka.Hank
        1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
        2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Welcome to the Forum! It is not nearly as active as it used to be but there is a goldmine of info if you search.

I've had several of these and the hub zerk you mentioned plus the correct fluid in the NP203 seem to be the main PO mistakes. The 203 takes engine oil not gear oil.

Keep us updated.
          1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
          1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
          1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
          2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Really fun trucks , have fun and welcome

Comment

From firsthand experience.. get a good multi meter and check the wiring. I have found a few shorts in my truck..

Comment

Originally posted by Chewie View Post
                From firsthand experience.. get a good multi meter and check the wiring. I have found a few shorts in my truck..

to add to his post you should do the AMP meter bypass so as NOT to burn your truck down = link below

http://www.madelectrical.com/electri...p-gauges.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by Chewie View Post
                  ... I have found a few shorts in my truck..
                  As long as the wife doesn't find any bras or panties too you should be safe...

Agreed, the most frustrating troubleshooting I've had to do is electrical. Especially no starts.

1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
                  1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
                  1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
                  2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Working...
                  X