Electric Motor Options - 1985 W350

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Motor Options - 1985 W350

So, I've been restoring a numbers matching 1985 W350 Crew Cab (former Air Force truck) and have finished the 360 cu in gas motor w/727 Transmission - both sitting on stands ready for install. However, someone mentioned there might be an option to "electrify" this vehicle. I've looked at motor/trans options (from EV West for example and wrecked Tesla vehicles), but choices are few and far between. Anyone out there trying this and if so do you have recommendations?? The drive line looks doable but retrofitting with a battery pack looks tricky -- room inside the frame rails under the bed seems like the logical location but sourcing these packs (with temp controls and monitoring) is not particularly easy.

April 1st isn't for a couple more months.
    1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
    1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
    1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
    2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

I just read where Eaton and Meritor are building electric drive axles for the bigger stuff. Might be a day coming where we could convert our trucks that way. The battery in my fork truck at work is about the same size as a big block.. just swap a battery under the hood to drive the axles..
      (This fits better here..)

Comment

Working...
      X