Power window motor replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power window motor replacement

I think maybe the cold, snow and ice has helped it along, but now in my 87 Ramcharger the drivers window will not go up without assistance.
    I have to pop the wing vent open and help it up with 2 fingers held inside and out.
    I can hear the motor run, and it just sounds like it is slipping?
    Has anyone done one of these and do you have any advice before I tear into it?
    1967 W200.aka.Hank
    1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
    2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

I've heard they aren't available anymore, but I sure hope so. I've for to install two in my "2014" Dodge Ramcharger Project. The previous owner pulled them when they quite and was going to switch to manual windows, but he didn't, so I'm stuck with windows that don't go up or down, they just stay down.
    I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
    Will
    WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
    1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
    1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
    1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
    2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

The gear box for the window motor has plastic gears in it and are serviced by Dorman, I believe. I want to say that I put those in before you started driving it, but I may be mistaken about that. Either way, I think it's an easy fix, you'll just have to remove the vent window, then the window glass, then the regulator. Make sure you put a vice grip on the regulator before you remove the motor, otherwise it'll be like a bomb and possibly take some fingers with it! Doug

Comment

• Matthew Welcher PWA
        Matthew Welcher PWA commented
        Editing a comment
        So the entire regulator assembly comes out to swap the motor? Or can motor swap be done inside the door?

• dougdodgeman
        dougdodgeman commented
        Editing a comment
        Unless you drill access holes in the door shell to allow you to access the motor mounting screws, you will need to remove the entire regulator assembly. To do this, you will have to start with removing the channel run felt, the window sweeps, and then the vent window assembly. Then you can slide the window glass off of the regulator and then remove the regulator assembly. Plan on a couple of hours, results may vary. Be careful of that spring!

image_13802.jpg image_13803.jpg image_13804.jpg image_13805.jpg I was able to locate the gear kit for the motor at Napa.
      It appears to come with everything needed to rebuild the motor.
      I ran out of time this weekend but will tear into it soon.
      1967 W200.aka.Hank
      1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
      2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Sweet, I might need those part numbers when it comes time.
        I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
        Will
        WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
        1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
        1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
        1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
        2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Working...
        X