'72 W200 Fuel Filler Hose???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '72 W200 Fuel Filler Hose???

The under-the-bed plastic tank on my '72 W200 needs a new rubber filler hose. It's a gentle "s-bend" type of molded hose, and nobody seems to have it. In fact, it's really been an eye opener, just how few parts stores carry any fuel filler hose at all. A local farm-equipment type parts store had the rigid straight stuff, but it won't bend to the shape needed.

*** It's been suggested to have a muffler shop bend some 2" stainless into the approximate shape needed, and join it with short rubber hose sections, but seems kinda ghetto.

Does nobody make custom molded 2" fuel filler hoses any more? The hose has a Chrysler part number stamped on it, it's: 3497196 42095. Here's a snap of what it looks like.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

IMG_4037.jpg

That looks like a radiator hose lol.

Not sure where you could find one other than a salvage yard and those likely would be worn too.

Bucky

Comment

Your '72 has the underbed plastic tank? Is that in addition to the in-cab, behind the seat tank? I thought those were standard pre-74?

When I put a flatbed on my '77 I had to source a new hose but it's been so long I can't remember what I ended up getting. But it is a rubber deal that I made work.

If you don't have a parts store that will take the time to find a similar fit, I'd definitely go the SS pipe route! That's not ghetto in my opinion, it's a superior customization. I'd rather have that than what I ended up with.
      1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
      1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
      1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
      2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

You may have to pick up two hoses in the right diameter, and with mends close, and cutting and splicing them together. I've had to do that on projects.
        I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
        Will
        WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
        1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
        1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
        1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
        2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Working...
        X