1980 w300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1980 w300

Anybody familiar with the chassis cab trucks with the super heavy duty frame reinforcement from the factory? How common are these, and what was this option called.

CAB Chassis is what there called in the FSM / there should be a TAG near the door pillar tag from the CO that put the body on

Comment

Roger, I'm familiar with chassis cabs, but my w300 has a massive factory installed reinforcement that starts with two stampings welded into the frame at mid engine going back towards the fwd cab mounts and then an external reinforcement from the fwd cab mounts back to almost the rear spring brackets.

Comment

Just my 2 cents but it could have been used in the oil fields as these trucks were supposed to built for extreme use. There is a local guy with a 78 1 ton that is heavier than a normal truck that was used in the oil fields. Again just my 2 cents worth.

Comment

Originally posted by rush View Post
          Roger, I'm familiar with chassis cabs, but my w300 has a massive factory installed reinforcement that starts with two stampings welded into the frame at mid engine going back towards the fwd cab mounts and then an external reinforcement from the fwd cab mounts back to almost the rear spring brackets.
          I have a 79 W300 that has the same frame setup as you describe, it too is a cab/chassis truck with a service body, looks heavy duty! This was originaly a forest service truck that was later turned in to a brush truck for fire fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by 4TWNTY6 View Post
            I have a 79 W300 that has the same frame setup as you describe, it too is a cab/chassis truck with a service body, looks heavy duty! This was originaly a forest service truck that was later turned in to a brush truck for fire fighting.

thanks,

I had never seen one before, not even in a junk yard. Wow what a stout rig. Just needs a 5.9 cummins to be any better.

Comment

Working...
            X