longer brake lines??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• longer brake lines??

ok i am going to need some longer brake lines, i know there are planty of companies that make extended brake lines for extended prices lol. is there any stock replacements for longer brake lines?

mines a 80 w200. 44 front and 60 rear.

thanks for any help

Most suspension lift companies offer longer brake lines, but these may be the "pricey" ones you are referring to.Any local brake/hose/industrial supply place may be of help.

Comment

What I'm looking for is like on a chevy you can use 2wd s-10 brakelines on a fullsize and their longer. For a jeep you can use TJ lines on an XJ for longer lines.

Comment

Originally posted by smalltowncowboy View Post
        What I'm looking for is like on a chevy you can use 2wd s-10 brakelines on a fullsize and their longer. For a jeep you can use TJ lines on an XJ for longer lines.
        On a Chevy site a few years ago I came across a post for a guy who did the same... he used brake lines from a c6500 or something on his, they were the same fittings as a 1 ton, but about 6" longer.
        I know Dodge still makes a 45 and 5500, and there is a Sterling Bullet which is a glorified 5500 Dodge, maybe the brake lines for one of those might work? Just throwing the idea out.

JK

Comment

I know this is an old thread but. There is a reason for the spendy stainless brake lines. Flex. The longer the lines the more sponginess to the pedal because the rubber lines swell a little when you stand on the brakes. Add to that the reason you want longer ones is likely because you are lifting for bigger heavier tires and wheels which puts more strain on the brakes. You really can feel a difference with the braided stainless lines. Much firmer pedal feel. Better yet do like I did and go to 1 ton axles and have some real brakes and axle beef to put up with those bigger tires. Mine already had 4:10 gears which were perfect for 35s. It was cheaper for me to upgrade the axles than to beef up the brakes and gears on my 1/2 ton stuff. Unlike those other brands on a Dodge they bolt right in.

Comment

so squatch does that mean your gonna give me a dana 60 front? lol i have a w200 and dont have the grand for a 60 front (thats how much they are here).

Comment

http://www.galferusa.com/html/streetlines.html

they really aren't very spendy and well worth the money.

Comment

Originally posted by smalltowncowboy View Post
                so squatch does that mean your gonna give me a dana 60 front? lol i have a w200 and dont have the grand for a 60 front (thats how much they are here).
                Even if I gave you one I'd have to charge you about $2500 to deliver it across the country! LOL. Yeah when I bought mine the internet wasn't nearly as common as it is today. I didn't have access so I found mine the old fashoned way. I tripped over it in a junkyard in another state while getting something for another truck of mine. I had been looking for 4 years. It cost me more than a grand but not much and it was in brand new shape with good paint even. I balanced it out by finding a Dana 70 out of a 2 wheel drive for $200. Man that's a big rear end in a 1/2 ton short box. I lifted the truck 4" and still had to cut 3" out of the rear driveshaft.
                Just trying to point out some lessons learned the hard way by an old guy. Everytime you upgrade from stock it means that something else needs to be changed as well. If you work your truck hard upgrades can be defined as moving the weakest link. Bigger tires need taller springs, bigger brakes, stronger u joints, lower gears, bigger motor, which means bigger u jpoints again and so on. Course that might be why we work on them in the 1st place!

Comment

Working...
                X