The Beginning Of A great Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks JimmieD,
    When I start the body work, I will be looking for a new home for everything on this rig that makes it an Adventurer, chromed trim, emblems, interior ect… I set out looking for a solid body as a platform for my build and I found this truck. It is very clean almost unheard of in the NE with all the salt that hits the road every winter.

Right now I have a 66 383, a 73 440 and the 400 that’s in the Adventurer a 727 Torque Flite and I think the Adventurer has a Loadflite A727.

The goal for this year is to have it converted to a 4X4 and warm up the 400 with Edelbrock intake, & 750 cmf carb , .509 cam, 452 heads & headers.

Down the line I plan on using most everything I have. 400 4bbl / 727 for summer cruising, 383 2bbl set up to run in the colder months and way down the road 440 stroked to 512, A727 Loadflight, and D70 in the a$$end for track use.

Comment

A 727

Can anyone ID this trans pan? I have never seen one that looks like this before.
      Thanks in advance.

Comment

It looks to be an aftermarket 727 pan with the cooling tubes running through it. Possibly B&M or Turbo Action? Its been about 20 years since I sold any of that stuff. I"ll try to look through my old catalogs. If something turns up I'll post it for you.

Comment

Tag Decode

Originally posted by OLD DODGE View Post
          It looks to be an aftermarket 727 pan with the cooling tubes running through it. Possibly B&M or Turbo Action? Its been about 20 years since I sold any of that stuff. I"ll try to look through my old catalogs. If something turns up I'll post it for you.
          Thanks OLD DODGE.

I have been having a hard time decoding my tag. I haven't found any sites that cover my 77 D200. For the moment I am looking for the paint name or other reference to the paint code so I can get some paint for the truck. Any other information regarding the rest of the tag is appreciated.

Comment

I will look through my books and see if I can help you out on the paint code and the tag.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Here is what I have for you.

PY6486 = Main paint color, Medium Tan Metallic
                PZ6507 = Second paint color, Harvest Gold
                PXT = Paint procedure #4

Your Camper 7500 package gives you a 3300 lb front axle and a 5500 lb rear axle with 12x2-1/2 inch brakes. Note it says the emblem isn't available on the Club Cab.
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Kevin, the info you provided is very helpful.

Comment

Several weeks ago I scanned the paint chips and combination info for 1974 and 1977. I sent them to Phil today to be hosted here.

http://www.t137.com/colorchips/index.html

They should be up within a week. If you can't wait send me your e-mail and I'll send them to you. The Harvest Gold doesn't look like it matches your truck. That could just be the way it is or perhaps the truck has been repainted?

Comment

I am not in a great rush, the color chips you posted are of much better quality than the ones I found on line. http://www.mopar1.us/chip/chips.html The color Harvest Gold (Y3 2859) doesn't match the current color of my truck. It appears that it has been repainted. The main color Medium Tan Metallic, which I have not found a paint chip for, is the same as my interior. I would say that it has not been repainted.

Has anyone had any experience with Gearhead? http://www.gearheadcafe.com/servlet/...cks/Categories $50 seems to be a fair price for an original shop manual on CD. I had found another site that sells them, fax something I believe, but I failed to bookmark the page.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumJo View Post
                        Has anyone had any experience with Gearhead? http://www.gearheadcafe.com/servlet/...cks/Categories $50 seems to be a fair price for an original shop manual on CD. I had found another site that sells them, fax something I believe, but I failed to bookmark the page.
                        Jo,
                        "DODGEBOYS" on this forum sells manuals on CD. Maybe he'll see your
                        post.
                        You going to be wrenching on your truck this weekend?
                        John

Comment

Thanks for the heads up!

I'll be working in the garage this weekend, I have to take the heat wrench to the bed of that 79, I also have some things to take care of on the 77. You are welcome to stop by if you like.

Comment

Colors

I managed to dumb the image down to 360KB and post it. The original scan is 1.21MB and also there is another page to it so check Phil's site for the high resolution scans.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Phil has now put up the '74 and '77 info. If you click on the large image of the paint chips you can get an extra large image.

http://www.t137.com/colorchips/index.html

Comment

Making slow but steady progress dismantling the 79 1 ton.
                                Cut the bed into several manageable pieces, it was welded to the frame at about 20 places, what a pain in the ***.

I flipped it off the frame with the XJ, had to remove a fence section to get the XJ out of the back yard.

These will make nice workbenches one day.

Comment

Working...
                                X