Power wagon or not??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power wagon or not??

I have a 1978 w150..... What made the Power Wagon different? or were all years Power Wagon..... ANYONE??????????????????????????????????????????

As far as I know all Dodge 4x4's were known as power wagons thru the 1980 model year, after which they became power rams thru 93. Simply Ram after that. I don't know about the military versions, but the WM series flatfenders (46-68 US) & civilian or conventional body W series (57-80) I believe carried the name power wagon..Maybe 57-60 were actually power giants & their was the SUV type body know as town wagon (5?-66)...The late 70's had palaminos,warlocks & machos but I think these were consider power wagons as well...I don't know if military 5/4ton M880 carried the power wagon badge or not but they were essentially the same as a W200 power wagon. If I'm wrong others here will clarify.

Comment

They all are called power wagons but some being bigger then others have more power. Your w150 was considered a heavy 1/2 ton and as I recall had the GVW just high enough to avoid some of the EPA regulations like cats that were becoming required equipment in the 70's

Comment

Yep thru '80. My '80 PW utiline w150 had(removed) power wagon emblems on front fenders and tailgate said Power Ram. They must have been trying out the new name.

Comment

perhaps

does it have rust and battle scars? Does your wife dislike the amount of time you spend with it? Do your neighbors call you when theres some hard task to be towed, plowed, pulled,hauled. Do cops pull you over just to check her out and tell you that their uncle/father/cousin had one of these trucks. If so, you just might be a Power Wagon owner

Comment

Originally posted by 74w300uteline View Post
            does it have rust and battle scars? Does your wife dislike the amount of time you spend with it? Do your neighbors call you when theres some hard task to be towed, plowed, pulled,hauled. Do cops pull you over just to check her out and tell you that their uncle/father/cousin had one of these trucks. If so, you just might be a Power Wagon owner
            Ha! It's a Power Wagon, alright!

Comment

Working...
            X