96 Dodge Ram Fuel Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 Dodge Ram Fuel Pump

Trying to help a friend who has had terminal issues with their fuel pump. Got a new one less then 30 days ago and its out again. This is the 5th one they have replaced (3 being used 2 new). Tank is clean no buildup or junk in it, lines are fine, PSI is fine until the pump goes out.

They are at a point now where they want to drop an inline over the intake due to pump failure.

Any advice would be helpful

96 Dodge Ram 1500
    360 Auto 4x4 part time

me and the other 3 mechanics here all agree that you have some kind of wiring problem / weather it be to LOW or High power on the Positive or the Ground / between me and the other guys we have over a hundred years experience and only have had a hand full of vehicles that have burnt threw more than a couple of fuel pumps / most were that the first new pump was bad and the second one took care of it unless there was an electrical problem

Comment

DODGEBOYS

I had thought of that already, checked all the fuses (only had to replace the ones that were jimmyrigged for the flashers), ran volt meter on the wires on and off to see what the ranges were and they are within speck. No discoloring or greening of the terminals. Traced the wires all the way up to the cab and they are not burnt or have any brakes in them.

So I thought before I remove the dash and dig deeper I would ask here to see if there was another area I should be looking. As it is getting to the point where it would be less of a hassel to just put an inline electric pump over dropping the tank, even tought its getting pretty easy to drop the tank on this puppy now.

Comment

Working...
      X