2001 1500 leveling kit ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 1500 leveling kit ????

I've got an 01 1500 4x4 with a factory lift that came w/ the offroad package, need to make room for bigger tires.
    I have the front leveling kit but have seen some trucks w/ kit and front looks higher than back, question is how can I raise the rear w/o blocks?
    thought about 3/4 ton rear springs???
    Any thoughts or suggestions?
    Thanks
    David

Originally posted by pullinpw View Post
    I've got an 01 1500 4x4 with a factory lift that came w/ the offroad package, need to make room for bigger tires.
    I have the front leveling kit but have seen some trucks w/ kit and front looks higher than back, question is how can I raise the rear w/o blocks?
    thought about 3/4 ton rear springs???
    Any thoughts or suggestions?
    Thanks
    David
    The leveling kit will do just that. Why do you want to raise the rear?
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

have seen some with just the leveling kit and it looks like the front is higher than the rear, you know like they have 2000 lbs in the bed of the truck, dunno was just thinking ahead.
      thanks
      David

Comment

I had a 1995 Club Cab 1500. I used 3" Pro-Comp blocks in the front spring pockets. In the rear, I flipped the shackle.

I cut windows in the bottom of the rear spring hanger mounts. I then removied the rear hanger and threaded it back through the window and re-attached the spring.

This allowed me to removed the rear blocks entirely. I removed and replaced the spring pads on the axle to give the correct pinion angle, but a wedge could also be used.

With some front and rear fender trimming, I was able to run 36" Super Swampers on 15X8" rims with 0 offset. The shackle flip also allowed me to get some great articulation. Went over 800 on an RTI ramp. Street performance was great and the ride was much better than using 3/4-ton springs.

Comment

The factory already puts a block between the rear axle and spring so if you want to go the block route replace the 3" that is in there with a larger one. The alternative, and better route, is to simply install an add-a-leaf. When I got a 3" kit for my 2000 half ton it came with 3" spacers for the coils and an add a leaf that lifted the rear about an inch. It sat nice and level and had a good stance with the 33's I put on it. Didnt have any rubbing whatsoever on stock rims.

Comment

Only go 2.5" in the front, any more and your front axle gets pushed way off to the side and it really starts messing everything up. Guys break lower links, shocks etc running 3". In the back like others have said a add a leaf is the way to go if you can handle it being a touch stiffer. Bigger blocks and U bolts will do the job too

Comment

Working...
            X