Front Fenders what fits ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Fenders what fits ?

The front fenders on my 59 w200 have some rust out on the top of the front. I think I can repair it but what will interchange if I do decide I want replacement fenders.
    Ed

Based on what I see from looking at pictures, 58,59,60 look to be the same, but I'm not very up on these models.

Comment

This is from Eric Bannerman's Townwagon page- '58-'60 4wd pickups and 4wd TW/TP's use the same fender as the '58-'60 D400 and D500 medium duty trucks.

This doesn't mean you can't use a two wheel drive fender to section a piece to repair your fenders. The 4 wheel drive fenders have the lip flares vs the two wheel drives. The later 61-66 TW fenders won't work since the wheel opening is moved forward to increase the wheelbase. Sectioning the front of these fenders would be a job but with care I would think it could be done. Obviously it would be easier to replace the fenders. Put an ad in the PWA asking for fenders, you my find some. I'll keep and eye out for a set for you too.

Comment

Thanks Ron that helps mine have some damage on the top front and some by the door edge. There is bondo on the fenders from a previous repair and they are still on the truck so I won't know the real condition until I remove them. It looks like I could use a fiberglass patches if I had to. I have some other work to wrap up so this is realistically a fall or winter project. I will keep my eye out for fenders maybe even a set of 2 wheel fenders if they bolt on and look ok I will look at some photos and see the difference.
        Ed

Comment

Glad I could shed some light. Knowing the condition of most older sheet metal out east it will be tough to find decent fenders for your truck. The good stuff is out west but it to is becoming harder to find especially with the new expanding interest in these trucks. Your fenders are special in that the lower rear edges have not been cut off at the rocker line. Several trucks including my 59 have had the bobbed fender treatment. I suspect this was done after they were wrinked by bottoming out the fenders. It also appears as you say that there has been some "work" done on the front of yours. The rear edges aren't hard to repair and I've done those several times with patch panels I've made. I have not had to replace the front tops but have removed dents and a tear. I really don't think the two wheel fenders will look right on your truck but sometimes you do what you have to. The two wheel fenders have a very small lip and you will recognize the difference right away. Does your truck have exta rear leaves to support the loads it must have carried? Just curious. Where are you located in NJ? I have a buddy in Midland Park,NJ.

Comment

The truck has double leaf springs in the rear I am in south central NJ about 15 minutes south of englishtown and I guess 1.5 hours south of your friend. The fenders I have may be repairable but not sure what I will find once they are off. The truck was owned a gas station for about the past 45 years until I purchased it.

Comment

Working...
            X